PDA

View Full Version : Instant Detailer For Wheels

xxxc5
07-11-2009, 02:20 PM
I've been using Meguiars Quick Wheel Detailer weekly for cleaning brake dust off my factory polished clear coated wheels. It works ok. I find doing this weekly keeps the wheels from getting really dirty thus necessitating a deep down cleaning twice a month when I wash the car. I'm going to be applying a couple coats of the Poorboys Wheel Sealant in the near future and was wondering if the Meguiars will be good for upkeep or should I be using something else. I don't want to use anything that is going to prematurely strip the sealant. Thanks!

Rsurfer
07-11-2009, 02:48 PM
Poorboys WS is a good product, but a PIA to remove. When stripping your NXT off your paint, strip your wheels at the same time. P21S TW is a great stripping wash. Then apply Duragloss 501 (so easy to apply and remove). Clean weekly with your regular car soap and use Aqua Wax as a topper. On your next wash, the brake dust and dirt will just float away.

ScottB
07-11-2009, 04:10 PM
I dont have any issues removing Poorboys or Dp's wheel sealants. Both are easy to buff off when used as directed. A very light coat is all thats needed and a little cure time. I then use whatever quick detailer or spray wax I am using on paint on the wheels too. I have used Megs 135 and Ultimate Quik Detailer with nice results.