PDA

View Full Version : WG DGPS 3.0 vs Meguiars NXT Gen Tech Wax 2.0

xxxc5
07-11-2009, 02:01 PM
Just wanted to check before I make the switch... Wolfgang DGPS 3.0 offers more protection and is a more durable, longer lasting and glossier paint sealant than Meguiars NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0, correct? My WG Deep Gloss Concours Kit is on the way and just want to make sure that this is a worthwhile switch before I open anything up. Don't get me wrong, the Meguiars has served me well for the last 18 months here in the hot and sunny Las Vegas desert. I'm looking for equivalent protection but more shine. Mequiars just doesn't pop like high end sealants and carnaubas. Any input would be much appreciated!!:D

RTexasF
07-11-2009, 02:14 PM
There is no comparison in my book......Wolfgang hands down and it doesn't darken the finish like NXT does. You'll need to strip the paint down and start over to get the full effect of the WG not to mention a good bond.

xxxc5
07-11-2009, 02:29 PM
There is no comparison in my book......Wolfgang hands down and it doesn't darken the finish like NXT does. You'll need to strip the paint down and start over to get the full effect of the WG not to mention a good bond.

Awesome, that's what I was hoping to hear! And the protection hands down is superior too? I have the Deep Gloss Concours package on the way so I'll be doing the WG claybar and prewax polish.

RTexasF, do you ever layer any carnauba over the Wolfgang for extra pop?

tWiStEd-tORqUe
07-11-2009, 02:35 PM
DGPS 3.0 for me please

dlt21
07-11-2009, 03:04 PM
I had put Pinnacle Soverign over DGPS on my Black Audi, decided I liked look of Wolfgang by itself. i think its great as a lsp

ScottB
07-11-2009, 04:08 PM
Wolfgang is more durable than NXT and most would suggest looks better too. It is however a pure sealant so absolutely no cleaning ability, you must prep first. NXT has a very light/mild cleaning effect.

RTexasF
07-11-2009, 07:27 PM
Awesome, that's what I was hoping to hear! And the protection hands down is superior too? I have the Deep Gloss Concours package on the way so I'll be doing the WG claybar and prewax polish.

RTexasF, do you ever layer any carnauba over the Wolfgang for extra pop?

In my opinion the protection is superior. I don't put carnauba atop it although I may go at it again with WG the next day. That's not for looks (although it adds some), just to assure 100% coverage. I would judge it 24 hours after you apply it before you top it with anything, you might like it just as it is. I do. Easy upkeep with Duragloss Aquawax about twice a month.

That's for our rides, there's not time for an additional coat on a customer's car as a rule.

SRHTX
07-11-2009, 10:28 PM
I gave my brand new bottel of Meguiars NXT Gen Tech Wax 2.0 to one of my best friends. It looks awsome when you put that stuff onto a vehicle. After you wash it, adios NXT.