PDA

View Full Version : What a Weekened

Excessive Detail
09-10-2006, 08:41 PM
Hey guyz, this post might be long, I gotta lot to say and i don't want to do multiple post so here goes. Well, my weekened actually started friday, after partying a little to hard thursday night I skipped class friday morning and had to ba at work at 2:00, I was hurtin, anyway I showed up to work, I do car audio at a circuit city, and there was a hurse sitting in the shop, yes a hurse, and it had hydraulics and was full with boxes of car audio stuff, and it all had to be put in by the time we closed at 10:00, so me and my manger got started. We put in 5 amps, 2 batteries, 8 6x9s, and the best part 6 15s in a ported box with 12 4 inch ports, and the box, well it was in the shape of a coffin, yes a big wooden coffin, we put all 12 of the ports across the top in the shape of a cross, and lined the sides with the subs, I worked my ass off, but we got it done and it came out pretty good, looked freaky, but sounded good, sorry no pics, didn't have any time to stop. The next day I went back to the rents house to finally do my car, I didn't get started till about 5:00, I started on the inside, cleaned all the carpets and scotch guarded them, then I put my new seat covers on, I got them from autozone, there not high quality, but they match pretty good with the inside, I put a pic, what do you think. Then I got to work on the outside, I washed and clayed, then polished. You guyz are gonna think I'm crazy, but I polished the entire car with a 4 inch orange pad and a corded drill, why well, I've always had problems getting my car were I wanted it so I figuresd a corded drill is basically a high speed, but a lot easy to handle and in theory it would work better and faster. I used menzernas IP and got the bulk of the swirls out without burning the paint and little or no polish marring, it finshed perfect, but just to ensure a quality finish I hit it with my da and an orange edge pad with menzernas FPII. I actually did most of the polishing under a flood light because I always hate how your car looks good during the day then as soon as you get it under a street light at night you can see everything you missed, and my car is white, very hard to see progress, but I'm proud to say I can now look at my car at night without regrets, its perfect, no swirls, I'm so happy. I finished it off with two coats of klasse sg and 1 coat of Pinn Ls, it looks awesome, I put some pics, the weather wasn't coporating so the pics don't really show the true beauty. I was in such a good mood today, then the worst happened, it started pouring raining and I had to go back to my appartment to do a paper and I couldn't wait out the rain, aghhhh, so I left and it had stopped rainig, maybe I'd get a break, nope, halfway there it started again, well at least its swirl free and protected. Oh yea, there is a pic of my edge pad too, while I was polishing the pad ripped around the center while I was polishing a door handle and the inner pastic hit the handle at speed 6 and scuffed it all up, I think I woke up the entire nieghborhood when I started crusing, lucky I got all the scuffs out and there was no scratches, lucky me. Anyway that was my weekened a combo of good and bad, still the car is beautiful, even after driving in the rain, do you guyz think I should qd it tommorow or just wait to wash it, I don't want to take any chances on swirls, its supposed to rain all weekened, just my luck.
AG ROCKS!Im the MAN :righton: :awesome:

sparkie
09-10-2006, 09:04 PM
Nice job! Sorry about your pad, I hope that don't happen to mine. So you use a 4" pad with a drill. Well, what evey works. And QD it tomorrow!

FloridaNative
09-10-2006, 09:29 PM
Looks good! When did you pad tear up?? Is that the one you used with the drill or the one you used with the PC??

Excessive Detail
09-10-2006, 09:39 PM
Looks good! When did you pad tear up?? Is that the one you used with the drill or the one you used with the PC??
It was the pad for my da, I think it started to tear earlier from catching a windsheild sprayer, I think I was using to much pressure on the door handle, which led to it tearing to the plastic and scuffing the paint.

Excessive Detail
09-10-2006, 09:43 PM
Nice job! Sorry about your pad, I hope that don't happen to mine. So you use a 4" pad with a drill. Well, what evey works. And QD it tomorrow!

I have to say, I didn't think the pad and drill would do anything, but it did, it cut polishing time in half even with such a small pad.

supercharged
09-10-2006, 11:25 PM
Very nice job on white. I know how difficult it is to work on white, I had white car before. Sorry about the pad, but it looks like you will need a new one now. How long did that orange pad lasted you anyway?

Excessive Detail
09-11-2006, 10:54 AM
Well, I woke up today tired and still a little upset that it rained on my clean car, but my attitude changed quickly as I was walking to my car car for work. Even with a coat of road film from the night before and all the moisture and rain drops, the car is amazing in the daylight, yes daylight, I guess it decided not to rain today after all. I can't get over how good it looks, even partially dirty it still amazes me. I want to thank all you guyz from the this forum who helped me get to this point, thanks for all the advice and tips guyz and thanks AG for all the bad ass products you carry. Thanks again guyz.
AG Rocks.