PDA

View Full Version : cost efficient products

k20z3kid
07-10-2009, 11:49 AM
Hey guys. Haven't posted in a looong time. Been busy with school. I have been detailing as a side job for awhile now and I've reached a bit of a hurdle.
Since I started doing this as a side job I have been using some pretty high end products like menzerna polishes and wolfgang waxes and many others. While these products are excellent they are costly to keep stocked for use on customers cars. Also it causes me to charge more for the detail job. I am looking for products that are cheaper but still effective. I don't want stuff you could buy at autozone. I guess I kinda want stuff that's middle of the road. Any suggestions??
Lol I will keep the expensive junk for my cars. Btw sorry if this post is laid out strangely. I'm posting from my phone.

Chris27182
07-10-2009, 12:32 PM
Look at the Meguiars Detailers line of products, those products are sold in gallon size and many products are diluted with water in different ratios such as APC+ 1/4 is a degreaser 1/10 its safe for interior and 1/64 is for cleaning carpet hot water extractors. Its hard to replace a product like Menzerna polishes, I would have to say again look at meguiars or 3M or maybe the XMT line which I have never used

Andrew C.
07-10-2009, 02:05 PM
Meguiar's D line is offered in gallon sizes. They work great too!

I believe Chemical/Guys also sells stuff in bulk gallon sizes, but I have never used it, so I can't comment.

I'd highly suggest getting the Meguiar's D Line products in gallon sizes. Make sure to pick up some APP+, Last Touch, All Season Dressing, etc.

harshest
07-10-2009, 02:27 PM
Another vote for Meguiar's Detailer Line (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-professional-products.html). Also there is nothing wrong with buying the consumer products or OTC stuff. I'm not sure what kind of clients you are going to be perusing but it seems that the majority of people just want a nice shiny car. You could always look a something like Meguiar's D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream $35.00 for a gallon, I have heard it can achieve good results with one pass.

sal329
07-11-2009, 06:55 AM
Meguiars, Optimum, Poorboys, Finish Kare, Duragloss all are great products and not wallet burners

ScottB
07-11-2009, 08:07 AM
Buy in bulk or BOGO's as possible, or consider lines like Optimum and Poorboys which offer alot of value for the price of admission.

Blackfire
07-11-2009, 09:19 AM
Besides the BOGO, check out the sale items.

Natty's Blue (32 oz.)is $10 less than at Pb'sW.

Do you know how many cars you can do with 32 ounces of paste wax? A parking lot!