PDA

View Full Version : Detailing a Vehicle Question

SRHTX
07-10-2009, 06:04 AM
Hey Everyone,

I would like to get some feedback (Feed back please) on what YOU do when detailing a vehicle on the exterior. Having a Flex, I either do a Stage 1 or Stage 2.

Stage 1 is wash, clay and buff the exterior of a vehicle. I would use the Four star Ultimate Paint Protection OR Four Star Ultimate Spray Wax Plus. Usually a Red or Blue pad on the UPP. Hand polish on the USWP.

Stage 2 is wash, clay compound then sealant or wax. Compound is done with Menzerna (depending on how bad the paint it) using a yellow, orange or white pad. After that, I would do the Stage 1 stuff to the vehicle.

Now, I know some of you are not going to like what I do, so, that is why I said what I said on the very 1st sentance on the TOP of this post. Yes, I have other things I can use depending on what the clients want and how much they wish to spend.

Thanks for your feedback. :cheers:

Stephen

ryandamartini
07-10-2009, 09:29 AM
I start out by adding on an application of XMT360 on top of one of my clay / wax package.

Up from that, I will charge by the hour for polishing or compounding on top of the package including the xmt360. Since I am in a college town, I try to keep my customer's budgets inline as well.

So far it works out good. They order the package, pay for maybe couple hours of rotary work then their finishing polish / sealant is already included.

megs 105/205 with wool and kompressor pads are a rediculous combo. Works out all around!