PDA

View Full Version : micro towels

BILL
07-09-2009, 01:40 PM
got a bunch of towels to put in washer.whats the best soap for M.F. towels

TIDE???

corolla619
07-09-2009, 01:54 PM
ag sells mf restorer for that purpose. as of now i have been using all free and clear, i wash with it, then rewash without it and it works quite well.

CharlesW
07-09-2009, 01:56 PM
Are you serious?
You will get so many different opinions, you won't be able to decide for a week. :)

IMO, any good liquid laundry soap will do an adequate job. Hot water, no fabric softeners, dry in dryer with no dryer sheets.

Mine are washed with Micro-Restore in hot water, run through a second rinse with vinegar added to the second rinse. The vinegar is said to help remove any detergent residue. I then dry them in the dryer like my other clothing.

I don't know that the Micro-Restore does a better job, but it makes me feel better about the process. Same thing with the vinegar rinse. I can't say I ever had any problems when I used whatever laundry soap my wife was using.

harshest
07-09-2009, 02:04 PM
IMO, any good liquid laundry soap will do an adequate job. Hot water, no fabric softeners, dry in dryer with no dryer sheets.

:iagree:

Meghan
07-09-2009, 02:11 PM
Use your laundry detergent but no fabric softner!

BenzDetailer
07-09-2009, 04:21 PM
I disagree with Meghan - I like using a true MF cleaner that will release wax residue, QD residue and other standard car residue.

I use a product similar to the DP wash found on the MICRO FIBER page on the AG site and have much better results. Most clothing detergents now have stain repellers and that are negated by bleach if you are doing a white wash. This extra level of chemical is not in the MF cleaners. If you are using HE detergents in your wash those are even worse for MF towels.

Jimmie
07-09-2009, 04:40 PM
I use "Micro-Restore", but in a pinch will use Woolite. It does a pretty good job.

Rsurfer
07-09-2009, 04:44 PM
Wax and sealant removal MF's should be treated first to remove wax residue. Glass WW should also be separated from general cleaning MF's.

BILL
07-09-2009, 05:20 PM
Wax and sealant removal MF's should be treated first to remove wax residue. Glass WW should also be separated from general cleaning MF's.

Glass WW should also be separated from general cleaning MF's.

That i did not know.........Thanks...

BILL
07-09-2009, 05:23 PM
Are you serious?
You will get so many different opinions, you won't be able to decide for a week. :)

Mine are washed with Micro-Restore in hot water, run through a second rinse with vinegar added to the second rinse. The vinegar is said to help remove any detergent residue. I then dry them in the dryer like my other clothing.

I don't know that the Micro-Restore does a better job, but it makes me feel better about the process. Same thing with the vinegar rinse. I can't say I ever had any problems when I used whatever laundry soap my wife was using.

can i use a powder instead of a liquid????

reason i just bought a giant size powder tide for my other laundry essentials... and i will wash the M.F. alone ......

Thanks.....everyone....:cheers:

Rsurfer
07-09-2009, 05:32 PM

reason i just bought a giant size powder tide for my other laundry essentials... and i will wash the M.F. alone ......

Thanks.....everyone....:cheers:
You can, but liquid in a front loader is a must.

BILL
07-09-2009, 05:40 PM
You can, but liquid in a front loader is a must.

WHEW!!! I have a top loader :D

CharlesW
07-09-2009, 05:47 PM

Thanks.....everyone....:cheers:Many people feel there is a chance the powder detergent won't be completely dissolved and may leave more residue in the towels.
We presently use liquid detergent for all our laundry, but I don't remember there being any soap powder left in my clothes when we did use powder soap.
I guess I figured that if I used liquid, I wouldn't have to be at all concerned about it.

BILL
07-09-2009, 06:02 PM
Many people feel there is a chance the powder detergent won't be completely dissolved and may leave more residue in the towels.
We presently use liquid detergent for all our laundry, but I don't remember there being any soap powder left in my clothes when we did use powder soap.
I guess I figured that if I used liquid, I wouldn't have to be at all concerned about it.

OK, ill use liquid....just for the M.F"s

thanks..