PDA

View Full Version : What to buy????

Choo_31
07-09-2009, 12:31 PM
I just recently purchased a Makita rotary buffer and pads but wanted to see what the experts recommended to use on my Jeep. I have a 1999 Jeep Cherokee that is well kept and only has light swirls and a few minor scratches on it. I have a buddy who is going to teach me the proper techniques with the rotary, I have used a DA before but the rotarys seem to do a little better IMO. I usually use mothers products but want to go to the next level with detailing. My Jeep is chilipepper red. What products will give me that deep wet looking shine that everyone will comment on? TIA

ScottB
07-09-2009, 06:11 PM
polishes --- Menzerna , or Megs 105/205
waxes -- Pinnacle Souveran, Dodo Hard Candy, Nattys Red

Emile
07-09-2009, 09:58 PM
Menzerna 106FA with Lake Country White or Gray Pads (probably needs White).

Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer, followed by two coats of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant.

Choo_31
07-13-2009, 04:03 PM
So I should start with the Menzerna to remove all swirls and imperfections then go directly to the Pinnacle Souveran or should I use something inbetween those two steps? Is the Souveran worth the money? Thanks again for the input

ScottB
07-13-2009, 05:32 PM
Souveran is indeed worth the price of admission, and why its still the wax to beat and brought to all wax showdowns. If you use the two step Menz polishes, SIP and then Nano, you can go right to Souveran as wanted.