PDA

View Full Version : Servicing a PC

charliehaley
07-08-2009, 11:32 PM
My PC has developed a squeeking noise while spinning after very little use. I assume it just needs to be oiled or serviced but i have no idea how to go about this and would rather be told how than take it apart not knowing. Does anyone have a guide or suggestions on oiling/servicing a PC?

Jimmie
07-09-2009, 12:17 AM
Can't even guess how many hours on my PC without any squeeks. It's never been oiled or serviced (not that it's not required I've just never done it so I'm sure I'll learn something here). You might check for something rubbing. It may need the spacing washer installed if you haven't done it. Now waiting with you to see if we need to oil them.

charliehaley
07-14-2009, 12:33 AM
If you are talking about the extra washer i use it with all of my backing plates. Do you guys think i have a bad bearing or something?

Meghan
07-14-2009, 08:50 AM
Delta Machinery|Porter-Cable (http://www.deltaportercable.com/ServiceAndSupport/ServiceAndSupport.aspx)

You can call Porter Cable service and see what they advise, not sure if you need service or not.

charliehaley
07-14-2009, 11:10 AM
Meghan you wouldn't happen to have a number for PC would you? I am having trouble finding it on their site.