PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new Car Wash soap...

nrengle
07-08-2009, 10:45 PM
Ok guys I do a lot of ONR washing when home, but I want a good shampoo for a traditional wash too. But what I want is something that I can use that with different dilutions. I really would like something that can strip LSP (DGPS/Fuzion/MaxWax), but can be gentle enough at a lower dilution to leave them be.

Everyone says that Meg's 00 is the most ph neutral. And that for a good striping wash to us ## Citrus Wash & Clear, but since AG doesn't sell it, and I'm partial to the folks here, I would like something they sell on here (besides, saves me from having to pay shipping twice!).

I've read good things about TAW, but is it more a soap, or a pre-soak?

GMC83
07-09-2009, 12:39 AM
Ive heard boat and RV Cirtus soap works

Matt
07-09-2009, 12:45 AM
I can't really suggest anything that will strip at high ratios and leave it be at low ratios.

BUT, I have heard that P21s TAW does strip the LSP and isn't designed to be used as a week by week shampoo. (I'm pretty sure this is correct, but if I'm wrong, please don't go ape on me :D)

Emile
07-09-2009, 07:14 AM
P21S Total Auto Wash is a great product, I literally have 2 gallons or so of the stuff sitting at home.

P21S TAW is all about surface safety and is pretty diverse, but is not a traditional car wash soap. You can use it as a quick car wash by spraying it all over the vehicle and then just rinsing the car clean. It's not totally clean, but pretty damn good for a "touch-less" car wash...P21S TAW will NOT strip off any existing paint protection. I usually use it by adding a couple ounces to my wash bucket for giving my car wash soap a little extra cleaning power and/or adding a few ounces to my foam cannon.

I know you're partial to the folks here, so am I, but I'm also very partial to my Citrus Wash & Gloss, lol. I'm literally ordering another gallon of the stuff right now because it's today's special on that other website.

Blackfire
07-09-2009, 07:28 AM
That Citrus Wash & Gloss is tempting at that price!

BenzDetailer
07-09-2009, 08:02 AM
Megs Gold Class - Best overall Shampoo / Wash - Availability unlimited and Gallon Sizes available under $10.

Blackfire
07-09-2009, 08:35 AM
Megs Gold Class - Best overall Shampoo / Wash - Availability unlimited and Gallon Sizes available under $10.

It is a good product! I have some for those days when I feel like pampering the wife's car. :D

My other favorite is Megs Shampoo Plus that I recently bought here. Sometimes I think our choice of shampoo is like our choice of ice cream. Find one we like and rarely change.