PDA

View Full Version : Is it safe...

changaroo
07-08-2009, 10:06 AM
To wash your car at a self serve car wash, clay. Then drive home afterwards to finish compounding / polishing / waxing?

I know the possibility of getting contaminates in paint is there, but I figure a quick detail before the compounding would suffice?

Im the MAN

wagonproject
07-08-2009, 10:36 AM
Unless your vehicle is covered in dirt or mud I don't see why you would "need" to take it there. If you live somewhere were you don't have access to a water supply or limited, try ONR to wash your vehicle.

BenzDetailer
07-08-2009, 11:33 AM
Would you shower to go out on a date and then Run 5 miles to her house to pick her up? Of course it's not okay !

changaroo
07-08-2009, 11:37 AM
water ban where i am at :(

BenzDetailer
07-08-2009, 11:44 AM
No one enforces those WATER BAN'S at NIGHT ! Wash the night before then put it in the garage or under cover. Then complete the detail the next morning !

ScottB
07-08-2009, 04:25 PM
I remember doing a Mothers 3-Step in one of those bays back in the late 80's on my Formula. I wasnt moving till it was done ... luckily I didnt need electric.

On some of the newer car washes they have plugs in the back of the vacuum unit, maybe bring a tent and your polisher and do it right there. (smiles)

CTS-Veo
07-08-2009, 09:49 PM
I live in upstate NY, and I've never had to deal with a water ban (or restriction).... You're not allowed to wash your car at home, but you can go to the car wash and do it there???

Ol' Red
07-09-2009, 10:47 AM
I have done that before. I dont see any problems with it. QD it before you start compounding and you should be fine.