PDA

View Full Version : Klasse Sealant question??

Sellncars
07-07-2009, 10:45 PM
Hello everyone,

I just got my order today, nice job by AutoGeek as well. (6)- Cobra 600 Jr Microfiber towels on a VIP deal, BOGO on the Shamrock 16x24 and 33 oz of Klasse Sealant, with 2 free AUTOGEEK foam hand applicator pads. Now, if have have Poorboys 1 & 2, do i have to use the Klasse AIO before the sealant or the Poorboys should do well?

Thanks,
Sellncars

ScottB
07-08-2009, 04:30 PM
you could go directly to SG from Klasse, but they do seem to work and protect best when used together. Its likely their acrylic makeup.

Sellncars
07-08-2009, 08:35 PM
you could go directly to SG from Klasse, but they do seem to work and protect best when used together. Its likely their acrylic makeup.

I wanted to try the Klasse Sealant on one side of my hood and the old Wolfgang Sealant on the other, so i QD'd the hood, gave it a IPA wipedown, clayed it, grabbed the PC with a MEGS softbuff polishing pad and Poorboys SSR2, did the entire hood, then another IPA wipedown, even though it was clean, did the Wolfgang first ( could actually see it ), then the Klasse Sealant ( Could hardley see it ). How do you know how much is actually going on with the Klasse?

BenzDetailer
07-08-2009, 08:43 PM
Stick with the Wolfgang it is Superior.

ScottB
07-09-2009, 06:17 PM
I wanted to try the Klasse Sealant on one side of my hood and the old Wolfgang Sealant on the other, so i QD'd the hood, gave it a IPA wipedown, clayed it, grabbed the PC with a MEGS softbuff polishing pad and Poorboys SSR2, did the entire hood, then another IPA wipedown, even though it was clean, did the Wolfgang first ( could actually see it ), then the Klasse Sealant ( Could hardley see it ). How do you know how much is actually going on with the Klasse?

Klasse is a funny and finicky sealant indeed. Its hard to see when applied correctly (very light) but man miss a spot and it will be quite noticable the next day and hard to remove too. While its not anywhere near as easy to use as Wolfgang it does offer some benefit to those not wanting to seal paint more than twice a year.

I personally transfer some Klasse SG into a small travel size spray bottle. I then spritz the panel once, maybe twice at most. I immediately buff into the paint .....and then flip towel and buff off. I allow 12-24 hours for it to cure. If I run into a hard spot to remove, a quick respray and buff immediately and its gone. Works for me ...