PDA

View Full Version : terrible interior!??

SpotlessDetail
07-07-2009, 10:05 PM
Hey all. I just did a interior only detail, the owner said he was not expecting much because he just wanted it to look better to sell it. I am not good at just going over something real quick... I just dont have it in me. I have to go all out or I dont touch it. Anyways This carpet was nasty and it stunk! I used folex to treat all problem areas (about 95%) then scrubed with carpet brush on my PC then extracted. Somehow it still looks awful to me. What do you all think? Is this normal or did it just need hours more work? How long do you think it would take you to do this interior? This was a 4 hr job for me and that was hauling a$$! He said he had $120 to put into it. Did he get what he paid for? He was happy so I guess I'm ultimately happy as well. Thanks everyone.

Feed back please

renegademobiledetailing
07-07-2009, 11:51 PM
That is pretty bad. I did a truck today that was even worst. Some stains just dont come out. People that let their vehicles get that dirty just want it to look a little better. And to them what you did was good. $120 is a good price for that, but i think that possible the carpet could have come out a little better? Did you use a heated carpet extractor? I use the Mytee lite, and it will pull out most of the dirt stuck in the carpet that cleaner and vacuum wont pull out.

I don't understand how people can live is such a mess!

SpotlessDetail
07-08-2009, 05:38 AM
Hey thanks for the comment! yes I have the mytee lite as well. I think that if i do one again like that i would use the same procedure then do it all aver again. Thats about the only thing I can think to make it better.

Showroom Shine
07-08-2009, 09:49 AM
I can't say for sure how good a job you did. Pics did not show much of a change! I cleamed a car that was as bad or worse. Used HotRod Extractor,Folex,and Woolite spray carpet cleaner and a brush. Came out fair to me but the customer was overly happy. My price and time $100 plus state tax 1 1/2 hour. It was a car! Try the Woolite, agitate,extract,and vac!

Larry A
07-08-2009, 12:22 PM
You can only do so much. How many times do you get a spot on a shirt or pants that just wont come out. You are soaking the shirt or pants in a cleaning solution , and rinsing it well and you still have stains. What are your chances of cleaning seats and carpets when you are not soaking and completely rinsing like you would in a washing machine.

02nissanISR
07-08-2009, 02:05 PM
I'm like you, cant just go half way. I saw a difference, the trunk and front passenger carpet were pretty nasty looked a lot better after. One thing I think all of us who like detailing have to remember is that most of us are a little anal retentive by nature, you have to be to do this stuff well. The point is that we will see things the average joe will not. If you get a car that's swirled like crazy and you get 95% of the swirls out your going to notice the 5%..... the customer more than likely just sees a shiny car. If the customer is happy then I'm happy with that said I will always look for ways to improve as we all do. Nice job.