PDA

View Full Version : What kind of spray bottle is this?

Emile
07-07-2009, 10:27 AM
I have seen this kind of spray bottle here and there, and it looks pretty sick as it seems you don't have to pump, you just press down and it sprays.

Who makes this, where do you buy this, I've never seen this before.

Here is a link to the video:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6adoA2XiD6s]YouTube - Wheel Cleaning[/video]

At around 50 seconds into the video you will see this dude hold up his sprayer and start spraying what looks like an APC. I'm not interested in the product he's spraying, but rather the sprayer itself.

Thanks,
Emile

Meghan
07-07-2009, 10:31 AM
Reminds me of a pest control sprayer

HotRod
07-07-2009, 10:39 AM
I use something similar. It can be found at any Ace Hardware, Home Depot, Lowes, Orscheln etc..... usually in the garden center, or pest control aisle. I use them for pre spraying carpet before I use the hot water extractor among other things. The ones I use do have a pump on top like it appears in the video, the spray pressure last a while before "re-pumping" is needed. It is definitely better than the normal bottle sprayers.

Blackfire
07-07-2009, 10:59 AM
Big Lots! I just bought one!

Garden aisle.

Chapin is the brand name.

gewb
07-07-2009, 11:24 AM

Garden aisle.

I don't allow Flash so can't see the video. I was at Big Lots yesterday - they had three types from small (about 2 liters) to fairly large ranging in price from $4.50 to about $15. Can you tell me which one is in the video?

Thanks.
GEWB

harshest
07-07-2009, 11:24 AM

Garden aisle.

That's where I got mine

Emile
07-07-2009, 11:45 AM
I will check it out at Home Depot and see the prices, maybe pick up one or two.

CharlesW
07-07-2009, 12:55 PM
I have purchased three of these from the Family Dollar Store.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/photos/37700-37799/37769.gif

The two I purchased last year both leaked at a moulding seam on the bottom of the bottle.
The one I purchased this year is working fine.
$3 at Family Dollar.

I also have one I purchased at Tractor Supply for a little less than $5. It also is working fine.

I have used them with Meguiar's APC at 10:1 and with Poorboy's Spray &Wipe.
Very handy, but not really a have to have item for me.

gewb
07-07-2009, 01:27 PM

The two I purchased last year both leaked at a moulding seam on the bottom of the bottle.
$3 at Family Dollar.

I also have one I purchased at Tractor Supply for a little less than $5. It also is working fine.

Thanks for your post - that one at Big Lots yesterday was $4.50 - like you, not a "must have".

Regards,
GEWB

danponjican
07-07-2009, 02:41 PM
That's the most APC I've seen anyone use on ONE WHEEL!

Steven C
07-07-2009, 08:06 PM
Wurth makes one for chemicals (corrosives) a bit pricey 50 bucks.The one I have is 2 years old. I have used with straight rim acid still works great.

Emile
07-07-2009, 08:43 PM
That's the most APC I've seen anyone use on ONE WHEEL!

LOL, I know. I'm assuming it's an APC, but I really have no idea. It looks like he was using the APC to rinse the P21S Gel off the rim.

Rsurfer
07-07-2009, 09:09 PM

$3 at Family Dollar.

It's a must have item for me. If my paint is a little to dusty for a QD, I spray the entire car down with ONR (QD strength) using a fine mist pattern. Saves a lot of trigger pulling.

dsms
07-07-2009, 09:14 PM
I recently bought some Deer eliminating urine spray to put on my flowers and the solution came in this hardened plastic hand pump sprayer just like the one in the video, it even has a metal fitting on the spray nozzle itself!

So after I used it all on my flowers I washed it out with alcohol and now I have some wheel cleaner in there!

That is what I call killing two birds:righton:

Emile
07-09-2009, 11:26 AM
I just picked up two of these puppies at Home Depot. They look a little different because they are from a different brand, but same concept. They were $6.70 each + tax, and it's a 64oz (half-gallon) tank.