PDA

View Full Version : Presta Producta

Integra-S
07-05-2009, 08:10 PM
Has anyone tried any of these products, if so did they work well or should I try a different product? I've been considering purchasing some Pinnacle product's or maybe even trying the System One X3 process. Any input will greatly be appreciated.

ryandamartini
07-05-2009, 08:20 PM
Has anyone tried any of these products, if so did they work well or should I try a different product? I've been considering purchasing some Pinnacle product's or maybe even trying the System One X3 process. Any input will greatly be appreciated.

Im am not familiar with Presta. I can say that anything with the Pinnacle name on it does it's job pretty well.

nrengle
07-06-2009, 09:00 AM
Skip the System One stuff. It was sold here on AG for a short period, but it just wasn't the be all end all that it was claiming. If you're already looking at Pinnacle, why not check out the Menzerna line, or the Wolfgang Duo ( which is a partnership with Menzerna BTW).

Blackfire
07-06-2009, 09:50 AM

Those Presta products are available near me.

You have to compare product capability; price; dilution rates (what really works) and will you have online access to professional advice or shared experiences 24/7?

Any manufacturer can be an online store. What makes for the best online store are:

Quality products that are proven and endorsed by professionals and enthusiasts.
Live customer service and online customer service via PM's.
Economical. An APC that is 1:1 is much more expensive than a Meguiars APC+ at 4:1 to clean tires and wheels. Even if you pay less for their gallon.

and last but not least,

people who will go the extra mile for you, like they do at AutoGeek.

I came here when I bought my wife a new black car. I learned how to wash it, polish it, wax it, dress the tires, etc.

I encourage you to let them put together an AutoGeek package that will provide you the best results for your money.

Once you experience it here, you'll be a full-time resident. :D

Integra-S
07-06-2009, 10:52 AM
Those Presta products are available near me.

You have to compare product capability; price; dilution rates (what really works) and will you have online access to professional advice or shared experiences 24/7?

Any manufacturer can be an online store. What makes for the best online store are:

Quality products that are proven and endorsed by professionals and enthusiasts.
Live customer service and online customer service via PM's.
Economical. An APC that is 1:1 is much more expensive than a Meguiars APC+ at 4:1 to clean tires and wheels. Even if you pay less for their gallon.

and last but not least,

people who will go the extra mile for you, like they do at AutoGeek.

I came here when I bought my wife a new black car. I learned how to wash it, polish it, wax it, dress the tires, etc.

I encourage you to let them put together an AutoGeek package that will provide you the best results for your money.

Once you experience it here, you'll be a full-time resident. :D
The reason I bought the Presta was because it is also available near me. The place I bought it from sold either the Presta or Meguiar's. I asked the sales person which one he recommended and he said the Presta. I only got a small bottle of it.

Integra-S
07-06-2009, 10:55 AM
Skip the System One stuff. It was sold here on AG for a short period, but it just wasn't the be all end all that it was claiming. If you're already looking at Pinnacle, why not check out the Menzerna line, or the Wolfgang Duo ( which is a partnership with Menzerna BTW).
Thanks for the info. I was really considering the System One stuff.

ScottB
07-06-2009, 05:02 PM
Menzerna for polishing, Pinnacle for protecting. What a combo ...

Integra-S
07-06-2009, 06:38 PM
yeah any suggestions would be great as well. I'm use to the good ol' Meguiar's and Mother's. Getting kind of bored with those.

MoparAddict
07-06-2009, 09:14 PM
I use presta religiously along with menzerna. My favorite products by presta are there swirl remover (smells like blueberrys) the ultra cutting creme, ultra light cutting creme, and their 1500 polish. You cant go wrong with any of their products.

Integra-S
07-06-2009, 09:20 PM
I use presta religiously along with menzerna. My favorite products by presta are there swirl remover (smells like blueberrys) the ultra cutting creme, ultra light cutting creme, and their 1500 polish. You cant go wrong with any of their products.

I have the Swirl remover and the Chroma Polish. I just tried using the Chroma polish and it seemed like I had to work a little to remove the polish. Did I not work the polish in enough or did I work it in too much?

ASPHALT ROCKET
07-06-2009, 09:23 PM
Presta is not bad but it fills like crazy. See if you can pick up some Meguiars M105 and M205 from your supplier. Then all you will need is a nice finishing polish like 85rd or Ultrafina and you will be pretty much set on polishes/compounds.

MoparAddict
07-06-2009, 10:15 PM
I have the Swirl remover and the Chroma Polish. I just tried using the Chroma polish and it seemed like I had to work a little to remove the polish. Did I not work the polish in enough or did I work it in too much?

There is deff a learning curve to the chroma 1500. It prob wasn't worked in enough, thats the problem i had. It also helps to spray some qd on the panel when your wiping off the polish. Also as AR said above, M105 and M205 are great products as well. I did find that the swirl remover would fill as well, thats when the IPA wipe down comes in. Altho i found chroma would pick up what the SR missed and wouldnt fill.