PDA

View Full Version : How long does the product weather on my car?

jdrumstik
07-05-2009, 07:41 PM
I hear on the forums that you only need to clay every six months and that Klasse SG will last 6 months and wax 3-6 weeks. And while these are general and do Vary I park my car outside!

So it seems this will last less long being in the weather all the time. I live in SoCal Inland Empire so it is very hot all year long during the day, but in the winter will get near freezing at night. It does not rain often but morning dew is common. Inland Empire has a lot of pollution. My car always has dust on it. I wipe it down often and wash atleast once a week. Plus I drive about 2000 miles on the freeway every month.

So how long is my product really lasting? I understand that Clay and polish really has more to do with the paint condition. But how long will seal and wax last?

Typically I use Klasse AIO/SSG, and then I've been using Natty's blue but I just bought Souvern on this 4th of july sale. Also I have a Charcol Metalic 2003 jetta if that makes any difference.

Emile
07-05-2009, 08:12 PM
Mileage is a big factor in durability. Wax can last as long as a sealant thanks to polymers.

I can't possibly just say that any product on YOUR car will last X amount of time, but you should get several months out of the Klasse Twins easily.

At 2,000 miles a month of driving, I would definitely clay every 6 to 12 months and rewax every 3 months.

ScottB
07-06-2009, 05:06 PM
Environment and use/abuse is certainly a measuring point for any product on any finish. The Klasse Twins are about the most durable sealant on the market. As for claying, you should do the baggie trick every month or two as an indicator. If you use Pinnacle waxes on top for looks, when car is outside 24/7 your gonna want to add Pinnacle Souveran Spray Wax for weekly spruce ups or reapply more often than the Klasse Twins.

08 300C
07-09-2009, 09:09 PM
Also be aware that like any other product not all Clay is equal, some are finer than others. Some are engineered for frequent use and others once a year. Make sure you know the Clays abrasive level before using it too often.