PDA

View Full Version : Flex 3401 with Kompressor pads

thatick
07-04-2009, 11:23 AM
Im going to be buying a flex and seeing as all i have is 5.5 pads i will also need new pads. Does anyone have experience with the flex and the Kompressor pads, or would i be better off sticking with the 6.5 pads?

ryandamartini
07-04-2009, 02:07 PM
Im going to be buying a flex and seeing as all i have is 5.5 pads i will also need new pads. Does anyone have experience with the flex and the Kompressor pads, or would i be better off sticking with the 6.5 pads?

From what I have been reading, the kompressor pads have been getting good reviews and look very useful for polishing over curves. I think it would be worth getting a couple of each :)

Chris Thomas
07-09-2009, 01:00 PM
I've heard that the 7.5 concave CCS pads work well with the 3401. I have some I'd sell you too, PM me if you are interested.

Matt S.
07-10-2009, 08:40 AM
Kompressors are my favorite to use with the 3401.

Blackthorn One
08-21-2009, 08:24 AM
I am going to be getting a Flex and I need to know how many of each type of Kompressor pad I will need to get started for each car I do. I figure I will need orange, white, and grey, and possibly purple as well. I'd like to try out the gold, but that will just be for my car. I'm planning on doing friend's cars and then getting a business going. How many MF towels would I be likely to need, per car? I only plan on using the Flex for polishing, and then waxing by hand. I might use it to remove wax, though.

Rsurfer
08-21-2009, 02:35 PM
1 orange, 2 white, 2 grey and 6 mfs at minimum.

mixmaster209
08-21-2009, 03:27 PM
I have used white kompressors with my 3401 and its great! the machine seems a bit more stable and doesn't feel like it wants to take off on you as much! they make good contact with the surface of the car.
I've used them so far with pre-wax cleaner, but i'm sure they work just as great with polishes. Thats my next test. I have some menzerna power finish thats dying to be used...lol

Blackthorn One
08-21-2009, 11:17 PM
1 orange, 2 white, 2 grey and 6 mfs at minimum.

OK. I was under the impression that you needed 3-4 pads of a given type to do a whole car. How long do pads last, and is this the best deal on Kompressor pads AG has offered?

How long do the pads KEEP, in an AC environment?

mixmaster209
08-21-2009, 11:39 PM
OK. I was under the impression that you needed 3-4 pads of a given type to do a whole car. How long do pads last, and is this the best deal on Kompressor pads AG has offered?

How long do the pads KEEP, in an AC environment?

I always thought that 1 pad, if well cared for could last quite a few details... am i wrong?

Rsurfer
08-22-2009, 01:15 AM

How long do the pads KEEP, in an AC environment?If you spur the pad after each panel 2 would be enough. And a couple grey/blue for final polishing. If you keep your pads clean/dry and store them in a zip lock bag or container, they will last for years, but with heavy use, they will wear down.

Blackthorn One
08-22-2009, 02:33 AM
If you spur the pad after each panel 2 would be enough. And a couple grey/blue for final polishing. If you keep your pads clean/dry and store them in a zip lock bag or container, they will last for years, but with heavy use, they will wear down.
Lets say I was getting 12 pads. Blue or black for most jobs? How does 4 black, 4 white, 2 orange and 1 gold and 1 purple sound? Is it likely I will really need purple? I do need to buff out colorsanding scratches on my car. Scratches are 2500 now, but I may go to 3000. Will an orange pad be enough to remove 2500 sanding scratches? Will the gold really be useful in saving me time in jeweling? I will be doing a lot of work in the sun. I was thinking of going for Poorboy's SSR1, SSR2 and possibly SSR 2.5. Would Optimum be a better choice as far as working in the sun, getting great results with the Flex, and economy? What spur do you suggest for foam pads?

detail viking
08-23-2009, 12:03 AM
Poorboy's products are great in the sun...

Blackthorn One
08-26-2009, 08:09 AM
Will the stock Flex backing plate work with the Kompressor pads, or do I need the Lake Country 6 inch backing plate?

mixmaster209
08-26-2009, 06:56 PM
Will the stock Flex backing plate work with the Kompressor pads, or do I need the Lake Country 6 inch backing plate?

It sure will fit with the stock backing plate :)