PDA

View Full Version : anyone else impressed with yellow CCS spot buffs?

builthatch
07-04-2009, 01:36 AM
i've found that the yellow spot buff and optimum compound is quite a powerful combination for DA scratch removal. it's fast and it's easy to gauge when you've removed JUST enough. obviously it will haze a bit so you have to refine after but regardless, it's amazing how it makes such quick work of moderate scratches. i find myself using my DA more and more vs. my makita, especially on softish clears, but on hard clears i'd always instantly reach for my makita if there was a major blemish. that isn't necessarily the case anymore.

sal329
07-04-2009, 08:35 PM
I prefer the 3.5" PFW pads

gofastman
07-06-2009, 10:51 AM
I prefer the 3.5" PFW pads
Yes, I am very, very much the opposite of impressed with the yellow CCS pads :D

builthatch
07-06-2009, 11:10 AM
from what i've read, the PFW react the same compared to what i'm experiencing. it removes the defect quickly and leaves hazing that needs to be refined. i've used these yellow spot buffs on an 01 360 ferrari and my own 08 mazdaspeed3 with a PPG refinished roof. it takes seconds to remove the defect using optimum compound, weight of the buffer and the little yellow pad. the hazing that is present is easily removed with a white or green pad and optimum polish. i address the major defects first, then go over the whole panel or car with white or green pads and the OP anyway, and then a final group of passes with a red pad and op OR a gray pad and poli-seal.

i'd buy a pfw to try but i don't see how i could have better results hehe

ryandamartini
07-06-2009, 12:00 PM
not real impressed with the yellow foam on the rotary. maybe with the DA, its different.