PDA

View Full Version : Menz Power Finish

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

christian900se
07-02-2009, 11:33 PM
I made a nice big order to Autogeek earlier in the week, and off course as soon as my package arrived today...Well I had to give it a try.

I used my mom's lexus ls430 as a tester, since the clear on that car is pretty hard. I had previously used XMT #3 on a CCS orange pad on a PC but that took 2-3 hits.

Power Finish is 100% awesome. It cut quickly, and finished to an LSP ready degree. I jeweled the crap out of one panel with PO87mc to see if I could improve on the finish and there was little difference.

Highly recommend this polish!

MoparAddict
07-02-2009, 11:45 PM
I just used this stuff last week for the first time. I used it on a 08 imperial blue silverado with severe "lot rot". Took care of it no problem, lsp ready.
I love this stuff!!! :righton:

ScottB
07-03-2009, 08:10 AM
it has indeed become one of my favs too ... a definite one step polish for most reasonable finishes.

ryandamartini
07-03-2009, 10:38 AM
what pad with a rotary would you use for average/ moderate swirled car ? There are just so many Menzernas, not sure what all to get sometimes.

porta
07-04-2009, 05:13 AM
what pad with a rotary would you use for average/ moderate swirled car ? There are just so many Menzernas, not sure what all to get sometimes.

Orange or green LC css pad. Works also with white but I prefere the green over the white pad.

christian900se
07-04-2009, 02:33 PM
I used an orange pad, albeit the clear was pretty hard on my parents lexus's but I deliberately took one pass to see if it left marring and it did not. I was amazed, I pulled it out into the sun to check. Also, I was using it on my dads black rx400h in the sun and it performed exactly the same.

porta
07-05-2009, 05:17 AM
Make sure to wipe down the paint with IPA and/or give it a alkalie wash, this to make sure to get away all the lubrication oils off the paint.

Garry Dean
07-05-2009, 12:11 PM
This has been my "go to" polish for 95% of my 1 steppers since its release. It is absolutely amazing! It corrects well and finishes nicely with LC green and orange.

ryandamartini
07-05-2009, 04:08 PM
This has been my "go to" polish for 95% of my 1 steppers since its release. It is absolutely amazing! It corrects well and finishes nicely with LC green and orange.

Thanks premium.

Garry Dean
07-05-2009, 08:30 PM
Thanks premium.

No problem. I will show you on Saturday at my meet. You're still comming, right?

PearlWhiteGT
08-06-2009, 12:23 PM
I've been thinking of getting some of this. I have never detailed a car before but want to be able to maintain my own cars. I've been torn between either Power Finish or SIP & Nano. I don't need the cars to be the best looking but I just want to be able to get rid of most of the swirls. I also don't want to spend my whole day cleaning up one car.

christian900se
08-06-2009, 12:58 PM
I would go with Power Finish since you can use it to correct with white and orange pads but also to jewel with a less aggressive pad. This flexibility combined with no marring is great for a first timer.

PearlWhiteGT
08-06-2009, 01:23 PM
So I could use it with a orange pad then go straight to a LSP?

loco
08-07-2009, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the review!

I got some of the 203 and am wondering if there are any tips for use with a PC? What speed should I use? White pad OK? How long does it need to be worked? Does it dry or turn clear?

Thank you.

christian900se
08-07-2009, 07:37 PM
I used it on an orange pad and it left no marring at all, and still finished down LSP ready.

Loco: I used it with my PC and would recommend at speed 6 to work it in and decrease it to speed 5 for the last few passes to help it finish down as well as possible. You can use it on an orange pad for good cutting ability, a white pad to get some correction ability or a grey pad as a jeweling step. 203 does it all.