PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of my site so far?

Pages : [1] 2

ryandamartini
07-02-2009, 06:50 PM
http://www.seminoledetailing.com/

I am getting everything up on it, doing it all myself so it is taking a while. Comments, suggestions, please leave them. For the banner, it will be getting a sky and grass, but Im not too good in PS so it is taking a while hehe.

ryandamartini
07-02-2009, 08:05 PM
17 views, no replies. tough crowd! if you were the consumer, what would you want changed? :)

loudog2
07-02-2009, 08:12 PM
You need a better home page. Make it more eye catching. Plus it's not finished. Where are the services?

Jimmie
07-02-2009, 08:13 PM
I just saw it. Looks good. I take it from the name that you're going to be at Florida State another year. You've been detailing there in the past, right? Just building a web site?

Tesla
07-02-2009, 08:51 PM
Looks like it is just a template. Impossible to say until you add content and photos.

ryandamartini
07-02-2009, 09:10 PM
You need a better home page. Make it more eye catching. Plus it's not finished. Where are the services?

Well thats why I said so far!

I just saw it. Looks good. I take it from the name that you're going to be at Florida State another year. You've been detailing there in the past, right? Just building a web site?

Yeah I have done some in the past, just getting a site up.

Looks like it is just a template. Impossible to say until you add content and photos.

Working on it.

ryandamartini
07-02-2009, 09:49 PM
I just dont have huge photoshop skills so its frustrating doing this >.<

ryandamartini
07-02-2009, 10:41 PM
bah its pissing me off. Im just going to nuke it and hire somebody.

awheeler3296
07-03-2009, 08:14 AM
Use bolder colors and some eye catching graphics.

ryandamartini
07-03-2009, 08:25 AM
Use bolder colors and some eye catching graphics.

trust me I want to. I HATE photoshop so when I get some more beer, Ill start again hah.

Bm7b5
07-03-2009, 12:17 PM
trust me I want to. I HATE photoshop so when I get some more beer, Ill start again hah.

If you want repeat visitors, focus on great content first, not eye catching graphics.

ryandamartini
07-03-2009, 02:28 PM
If you want repeat visitors, focus on great content first, not eye catching graphics.

I know, I am working on modifying the php in wordpress myself as well as getting content up and trying to make the site look nice. Us Computer Engineer Detailers are not high in number :P

here is my new banner:
http://www.seminoledetailing.com/wp-content/themes/azul/images/headerbg.jpg

stove937
07-03-2009, 03:46 PM
If i were you, i would ditch the entire page that you've made so far. Not to be mean or anything, but it really doesn't seem like a professional detailing website. You should be able to make your own from scratch, but if you need some help, I am a web designer. Also, Wordpress is meant to be a blog type engine. you really need a full site.

ryandamartini
07-03-2009, 03:59 PM
If i were you, i would ditch the entire page that you've made so far. Not to be mean or anything, but it really doesn't seem like a professional detailing website. You should be able to make your own from scratch, but if you need some help, I am a web designer. Also, Wordpress is meant to be a blog type engine. you really need a full site.

yeah but honestly I do not want to deal with coding all over the place. I code all kinds of useless bullshit all day long for various buttons to work with machines and all kinds of hooblaw.

That was the main reason for sticking with wordpress as it has plugins that are great for ecommerce and easily modified. The interface, its just nice to login and post things.

Back to the drawing board I guess.

Just understand it is not in the budget to hire anyone. Its me, myself, and I coding and modifying everything and fighting with photoshop. Magus, a member here made me an awesome logo a long time ago but I have never been able to get in touch with him.

stove937
07-03-2009, 06:29 PM
WHy don't you browse the web for a good HTML/CSS template. They really are all over the place, and they are very easy to modify and make your own. This is one of my websites that is coded in html/css
registrar-reviews.net it isn't finished yet, but just to give you an idea of what you can find in terms of templates.