PDA

View Full Version : Detailing in South FL.

LiloleG
07-02-2009, 05:27 AM
Hey everyone I have been doing some research for seminars... You all have given me a wealth of knowledge, but I am a mechanic by trade and very hands on... does anyone know of a detailing seminnar in south FL? (ft lauderdale, miami)

Gary Sword
07-02-2009, 05:59 AM
Detail Fest 2010 but you'll have to wait for it.

OGauge4Me
07-02-2009, 06:24 AM
LiloleG:
With the addition of Mike Phillips to the AG Team there may be Saturday hands on classes.

You might want to talk to Meghan about a class. If the interest is there it might just happen.

Also welcome to the AG forums. Ask your questions and the experts will provide information to answer your questions.

LiloleG
07-02-2009, 06:34 AM
You guys have been great in answering my questions in great detail. But for you can read how to play guitar, but when you actually pick it up and play it sounds awful... all I'm looking for are some guitar lessons.

Where are these saturday hands on classes located?

As far as intrest I believe there are alot of people who would want such a class, the problem is where and when... I am currently deployed and hopefully will be home by christmas... I'm think possibly taking leave (vacation) to head back home in Ft. Lauderdale and bum of my parents for a week!

AG is in north FL right? Maybe AG can set something up in the next coming year... Perhaps having a 2-3 day seminar!!!!!Im the MAN!!!!!!!..... of course it wouldnt be free...

OGauge4Me
07-02-2009, 06:59 AM
As of right now there are no classes that I am aware of.

You sound a lot like I was when I first started out. If you can go to a junk yard and find an iexpensive car body panel to practice on. Free is a great price. Once you are comfortable with the buffer go ahead and try to damage the paint. You will be amazed at what it takes to damage the paint.

A random orbital buffer is a great starting tool. Even if you move up to a rotary at a later date the ROB will still be used so it is not money wasted.

ryandamartini
07-02-2009, 07:49 AM
You guys have been great in answering my questions in great detail. But for you can read how to play guitar, but when you actually pick it up and play it sounds awful... all I'm looking for are some guitar lessons.

Where are these saturday hands on classes located?

As far as intrest I believe there are alot of people who would want such a class, the problem is where and when... I am currently deployed and hopefully will be home by christmas... I'm think possibly taking leave (vacation) to head back home in Ft. Lauderdale and bum of my parents for a week!

AG is in north FL right? Maybe AG can set something up in the next coming year... Perhaps having a 2-3 day seminar!!!!!Im the MAN!!!!!!!..... of course it wouldnt be free...

It is called detail fest and they are already planning it! We don't know if it will be one day or two but right now the vote is heavily stacking to two votes. Again when Mike Philips comes to AG, there may be more tutorials on the weekends. But plan on detailfest!

SRHTX
07-02-2009, 09:43 AM
If AG does something in the near future, I will be going. The more I learn, hands on, the more I will get to know about things. Watching a video will not help my wonderful brain. I learn best by doing things hands on.

ScottB
07-02-2009, 10:01 AM
Autogeek is in Stuart Florida and less than 90 minutes from Broward County. I live down here and the only warning I would bring to table is there are alot of detailing companies and all undercut each other and most offer shoddy service from mobile vans. Problem is, everyone looks for a deal versus paying correctly for the best work.

Likely because we have rather nice weather all year long and cars are never put away and stored.

LiloleG
07-02-2009, 11:38 AM
If you can go to a junk yard and find an iexpensive car body panel to practice on. Free is a great price. Once you are comfortable with the buffer go ahead and try to damage the paint. You will be amazed at what it takes to damage the paint.
quote]

Thanks for the the great idea... I will plan to do that when I get home

[quote=killrwheels@autogeek;241288]Autogeek is in Stuart Florida and less than 90 minutes from Broward County. I live down here and the only warning I would bring to table is there are alot of detailing companies and all undercut each other and most offer shoddy service from mobile vans. Problem is, everyone looks for a deal versus paying correctly for the best work.

Likely because we have rather nice weather all year long and cars are never put away and stored.

Thats awesome, I lived in plantation, FL (broward county!). My parents still live there. so if classes do happen will they be in stuart?

ScottB
07-02-2009, 03:15 PM
I am certain you will see it posted here first ...