PDA

View Full Version : Issue with Polishin' Pal Disks for Clay

Waxmax
09-09-2006, 12:39 PM
I am having trouble getting the clay to remain on the Polishin' Pal clay disk when rubbing over the paint surface. Once the clay has lube on it, it's too slick for the disk to hold it no matter how gently you go.

Perhaps you have to keep the disk side of the clay "lube free"....but this is not practical. Any advice??.....so far I have to give this product a thumbs down.

coondog64
09-09-2006, 12:57 PM
When I used it to clay, I did keep the disc side lube free. While it is sticky and hard to remove, it is not impratical. Give it a try. The polishin pal is a good productIm the MAN, just very tiresome!

But as has been said before on this forum, its great for those hard to get at places where the PC just wont fit :cheers:

Waxmax
09-09-2006, 01:29 PM
Coondog64,

Thanks for the reply. I have no issue with the Polishin' Pal (I use it often). I am disappointed with the clay disks for it.

If I start with brand new clay (no lube ever on it), then the clay sticks to the disk okay, but once I remove and knead the clay, the lube spreads throughout the clay so it becomes near impossible for the clay to continue to stick to the disk. I guess I could water wash the clay to remove some of the lube and try to restick it. BTW.. I am using WG clay lube which is a little slicker than a typical QD...maybe a QD would be a better choice?

ScottB
09-09-2006, 03:01 PM
I prefer to hand clay ... you miss the tactile feeling otherwise. Fine studders and stunbles are much easier to decifer when using the palm of your hand. My wife uses one on my polishing pals on the ceramic top ( no burners) of the stove. Gets the stuff off easy. Funny how things end up in different areas than originally intended.