PDA

View Full Version : Want To Tranfer Product To Smaller Bottles

FREAKAH
07-01-2009, 06:17 AM
I want to start transferring all if not most of my compunds, polishes and other bulk bought product to smaller flip top bottles but I dont know what to get as far as bottle material goes. So far it's between PET, HDPE or PVC.

I've read somewhere that you have to use the same bottle material as the parent bottle to avoid reactions. I have also read that some had problems with store bought HDPE/LDPE applicator bottles softening/breaking down with certain products in them. Could it because of the quality cause i've seen HDPE bottles used for motor oil and some solvents.

I really want to get one type that will handle any product/chemicals in my arsenal without fear of reactions, leakage etc. and the PET bottles seem to be the answer to that. The only negative is that the PET bottles are alot more ridgid than the popular(but iffy) HDPE bottles which makes them harder to squeeze(accuratley).

Should I get different material bottles to match what product is going into them?

Heres the types after reading the bottoms of the bottles of product that I have:
Menzerna SIP/85RD: HDPE
Presta UCCL: PET
Megs(105): PVC
P&S Full Throttle: HDPE

With the exception of solvent smelling Presta, the rest seem to be water based, which kinda expalins why the Presta bottle is made of PET.

So should I order a dozen or two PET bottles for all my products or should I order a dozen of the PET and a dozen of the HDPE? I'm currently looking in SKS-Bottle and USplastic online.

I know i'm reading into this a little too much but I just want to make sure. I would Really hate to ruin $40 bottles of Menz and Megs(or any product for that matter!)!

So what have you guys found/used/experienced?

BTW, what size bottle is good?
I really want 12oz. but it seems rare. Seems like it's goes from 8oz. straight to 16oz. at most online stores.

harshest
07-01-2009, 07:13 AM
You can try this from Meguiar's, I didn't see them on AG but maybe I didn't look hard enough. I have also seen lots of guys who uses this type but get them from walmart. (sorry for the big photo)

This 12 oz. "ketchup" style bottle from Meguiar's is the perfect size for decanting all polishes from 32 oz. and larger contains. The bottle fits easily in a apron pocket and the nozzle is sized correctly for proper dispensing.

http://ep.yimg.com/ip/I/yhst-41771694353694_2061_580670

culinarian
07-01-2009, 08:45 AM
I use them also. There perfect, and you can cut the opening to your preference size. The caps seal up really well.

Meghan
07-01-2009, 11:02 AM
Due to customer request we just started putting our bottles up on the site for sale. This section will be growing with just about every bottle you could need. But you can stop and check out what we have now and maybe it can help you out.

http://ep.yimg.com/ip/I/autogeek_2060_117929117

Sprayers & Bottles (http://www.autogeek.net/bottles-sprayers.html)

gewb
07-01-2009, 11:09 AM
Are you married? If so, does your wife shop at Bed, Bath and Beyond for soaps or Victoria's Secret for body spray or Sally's Beauty Supply for "stuff"?

Thanks to my wife I have a great selection of bottles, all shapes and sizes, squeeze or pump from fine mist spray (great to prime buffing pads) to liquid soap pumps (great for Menz polishes).

Regards,
GEWB

harshest
07-01-2009, 11:18 AM
Are you married? If so, does your wife shop at Bed, Bath and Beyond for soaps or Victoria's Secret for body spray or Sally's Beauty Supply for "stuff"?

Thanks to my wife I have a great selection of bottles, all shapes and sizes, squeeze or pump from fine mist spray (great to prime buffing pads) to liquid soap pumps (great for Menz polishes).

Regards,
GEWB

Man that is a fantastic idea. My wife buys that crap by the bag full. If there was a "rep" button you would have gotten some from me for sure.

gewb
07-01-2009, 01:13 PM
Man that is a fantastic idea. My wife buys that crap by the bag full. If there was a "rep" button you would have gotten some from me for sure.

Thanks - I'll post some pics later today.

Regards,
GEWB

gewb
07-01-2009, 01:41 PM
OK, the wife says it's Bath and Body Works not Bed Bath and Beyond...

Anyway, here is a pic of just some of the great bottles she has provided (I added some labels).

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_2217.JPG

Regards,
GEWB

agpatel
07-01-2009, 01:53 PM
Due to customer request we just started putting our bottles up on the site for sale. This section will be growing with just about every bottle you could need. But you can stop and check out what we have now and maybe it can help you out.

http://ep.yimg.com/ip/I/autogeek_2060_117929117

Sprayers & Bottles (http://www.autogeek.net/bottles-sprayers.html)

sweet now i can get bottles and everything at the same place. You guys need to look into foaming spray heads. Works great for APCs to make it cling to surfaces.

gewb
07-01-2009, 02:26 PM
sweet now i can get bottles and everything at the same place. You guys need to look into foaming spray heads. Works great for APCs to make it cling to surfaces.

Darn, I forgot to include that bottle - it is a foaming hand soap bottle from Bath and Body Works.

Regards,
GEWB

VISITOR
07-01-2009, 02:51 PM
go to your local harbor freight and you can get a 6pk of the 8oz. flip top or ketchup style bottles for around $3-$4...

killrflake
07-01-2009, 04:15 PM
Looks like Megan and the gang at Autogeek are listening to the forum members again. Thanks for putting such a great selection of dispensers together for us to choose from. Your store gets better every week.

Matt
07-01-2009, 09:53 PM
WONDERFUL WONDERFUL WONDERFUL!!!

I'm very glad to hear that Megan, I think I'll go add a few to my shopping cart now.

Jammer369
07-21-2009, 10:33 PM
It just figures. I made almost $500 in orders in the past week. I bought the Menzerna kit with SIP and 106 in 32oz bottles. I have been on the lookout for smaller 16oz bottles to transfer the product into. I even searched the Autogeek site this morning before I made the second order for 'bottles' and only the spray bottles came up. Did not even think to search for 'bottle'. Now I have to wait until I have $100 for a free shipping order again. I am glad I know they carry them now. I guess it's off to Harbor Freight. This site is dangerous to my new addiction:)