PDA

View Full Version : Detail Fest 2010

Meghan
06-30-2009, 04:22 PM
You heard right, we are going to talk about the next BIG ONE!!! Since Detail Fest grows each and every year, we are having to start our planning a little earlier, to make sure we have an event that you will absolutely love! First part of the planning is picking the day... now as you know in the past years it is very important for us to have our forum members chime in on what works for them best.
So please keep in mind the Easter holiday, Barrett Jackson, Sebring Races, etc. But chime in and make a selection, you can chose more then one date if you see two that work for you.

Sebring Races March 17-20
Palm Sunday is March 28
Barrett Jackson April 1-3
Easter is April 4th

I have a feeling you will not want to miss this years event!

wagonproject
06-30-2009, 08:14 PM
us poor northern guys...

mixmaster209
06-30-2009, 08:30 PM
I'm even more north! lol
Would really like to go though......

ryandamartini
06-30-2009, 09:07 PM
I'm even more north! lol
Would really like to go though......

You got a year to plan it. No excuses!

mixmaster209
07-01-2009, 02:08 AM
You got a year to plan it. No excuses!

LOL! true true... i'll start the planning now.. its one heck of a drive.
Did drive once before to Florida.. 2 day roadtrip.. Was great!

bige441
07-01-2009, 02:35 AM
Man you know what would be great?? Giving away a paid trip to the fest!!!! I know for me to drive to FL from WA would be a killer trip, but your talking two days there a day or two in Fl then the drive back. I do believe that this would be the mother of all giveaways for all of us.

Meghan
07-02-2009, 10:39 AM
Man you know what would be great?? Giving away a paid trip to the fest!!!! I know for me to drive to FL from WA would be a killer trip, but your talking two days there a day or two in Fl then the drive back. I do believe that this would be the mother of all giveaways for all of us.

We did that for Christmas last year or the year before I can't remember.

supercharged
07-02-2009, 09:13 PM
isn't that a bit too far away?

Meghan
07-05-2009, 08:50 PM
isn't that a bit too far away?
Too far away... :D you got to be kidding it takes a large group of people and especially this year a great handful of volunteers to pull off a large event like Detail Fest. We have to contact many vendors and give them plenty time to plan their trip down. Plus lots to be done, ordered, planned, set up... etc.

SRHTX
07-06-2009, 09:29 AM
Too far away... :D you got to be kidding it takes a large group of people and especially this year a great handful of volunteers to pull off a large event like Detail Fest. We have to contact many vendors and give them plenty time to plan their trip down. Plus lots to be done, ordered, planned, set up... etc.

Question: Does Auto Geek have contacts with hotels for discounts for us customers? Also, since many of us have to fly into Florida, does AG have contacts with caravans for us flying into the airports, where ever they may be close to your office?

Just a few questions.

Stephen

ryandamartini
07-06-2009, 09:40 AM
Question: Does Auto Geek have contacts with hotels for discounts for us customers? Also, since many of us have to fly into Florida, does AG have contacts with caravans for us flying into the airports, where ever they may be close to your office?

Just a few questions.

Stephen

If you are flying in, send me a PM and we can work something out for you to ride with me if you wish. Tampa or Tallahassee airports and I will make sure to pick you up.

The camry has room for 4 tag a longs. Fly in and we can have dinner and head over to AG HQ.

2old2change
07-06-2009, 10:05 AM
How soon could a date be set ?? Setting up air,car and rooms is helpful with a definite date.Last years date and the Barrett Jackson dates were different and I finally ended up going to Key Largo for a week drinking.LOL Would like to kill two birds with one stone so to say. BJ is first week-end of April so last weekend of March would be great. As far as volunteering goes I would be interested in helping . It is the least I could do to repay you guys (and gals) at AG for providing this forum.
Paul

Meghan
07-09-2009, 09:06 AM

Just a few questions.

Stephen
Yes we have already secured a deal with a local Marriott for the weekend. Closest airport to us is West Palm (about 30 mins). Orlando is about 2 hours, Fort Lauderdale about an hour and half, Miami two hours.

How soon could a date be set ?? Setting up air,car and rooms is helpful with a definite date.Last years date and the Barrett Jackson dates were different and I finally ended up going to Key Largo for a week drinking.LOL Would like to kill two birds with one stone so to say. BJ is first week-end of April so last weekend of March would be great. As far as volunteering goes I would be interested in helping . It is the least I could do to repay you guys (and gals) at AG for providing this forum.
Paul
We are trying to pick a date soon, that is why we have the poll up so you guys can have the input. Barrett Jackson one weekend, and Detail Fest another sounds like a great idea, you can even spend a few days in the middle of the week in Key Largo!