PDA

View Full Version : Quick Review : Ultima Car Wash

ScottB
06-29-2009, 03:55 PM
http://ep.yimg.com/ip/I/autogeek_2061_36189655

This is a rather new line with Autogeek, and I noticed the pricing of some of the line might have turned others away. With that in mind I chose to test some of the normal products (Wash, Detail Spray, Sealant) that some might consider while still staying within budget.

This soap offers a rather nice value based upon the size of the bottle. On average you will use around an ounce at most and seems quite concentrated. Two things are of immediate note, the smell and the suds.

The scent reminds me of Dial soap, you know the original scent. Its rather nice and refreshing and quite noticable around the car. The suds when using a foam gun or bucket are immediately noticable as thick and cloudy and last long after a wash. Lubrication is about even with most other soaps but does not stand out as being oily.

It does wash off rather quickly without streaking and dried rather easily with their Detail Spray and a Guzzler MF WW Towel. I do find it is likely strong enough to remove some of a wax, but did not seem to dent the sealant. All in all its a worthy soap for normal wash patterns and might be the ticket for those using paint sealants and wanting more wash power than some lighter soaps.

ryandamartini
06-29-2009, 06:01 PM
Thanks for the review! More suds are always good.

Pats300zx
06-29-2009, 06:23 PM
For me this was one of the most longest lasting wash soaps I have ever used. Even when using it to clean wheels the brake dust on other soaps would break down the suds. The Utlima held up throughout the entire wash. I actually had trouble getting the suds out of my buckets when I was cleaning them up.

Its super concentrated as well.