PDA

View Full Version : spots all over the car

99tl
06-28-2009, 06:18 PM
Hi All,

I've been a lurker for a while now. I don't post much as I can usually get the answers I'm looking for by searching.

I spent all day cleaning, scrubbing, polishing, vacuuming and everything else. I polished the my wife's car last weekend with Meg's 205 and coated with Natty's red. The car was gleaming :D.

On to my problem.
Today I was putting my daughters in the car to go for a ride. I look at the glass and I see dark red spots all over it. I tried using some dp 4in 1 at a quick detailer strength.
This stuff was like glue and started smearing. I used PB bug squash and it came off much easier. As I started moving up the glass I noticed it was everywhere. I think it's tree sap.

Is there anything I can use to soak the entire car? Maybe a bug sponge? I'm just trying to avoid having to do the entire car with a spray bottle.

Thanks

Emile
06-28-2009, 08:48 PM
Next time you are washing the car, try a bug and tar sponge. The Pinnacle Safe Scrub Bug & Tar Pad sounds like it would do the trick. I have a couple of them, they are very stiff and good for getting rid of this kind of thing. If car soap doesn't get it done, then move onto something more aggressive such as Optimum Power Clean or P21S Total Auto Wash or PB's Bug Squash. Just keep in mind that Power Clean and P21S TAW and the like will strip all the wax wherever you spray/apply the stuff.

99tl
06-29-2009, 08:48 AM
Since I have PB's Bug Squash. Can I just add this to the wash bucket and do the entire car?

agpatel
06-29-2009, 10:43 AM
If you have bug squash I would recommend that you mix it up in a bottle, wet down the car and spray it on the car as a pre-soak kind of and then go on with washing. You could add a 1-1.5 oz /gal in your wash and see if that works.

99tl
06-29-2009, 02:10 PM
I'll give it a try. Unfortunately the weather here in MA has been crappy.

99tl
07-10-2009, 02:02 PM
Update
I'm having a difficulty time removing these spots. I've done a little research (on this sight as well as a few others). I think it might be honeydew caused by aphids (this is based on my research). Any suggestions on how to remove it? It sounds like I need to use mineral spirits. Do I use it straight or mixed with water?
Any help is appreciated.