PDA

View Full Version : need opinions please.

corolla619
06-28-2009, 04:27 PM
Hello all,
I am looking into adding to my shelfs. The products i am looking for are a wheel/tire cleaner that is safe for painted,powder coated, anodized wheels, and of course wheels with polished lips. I basically need a wheel/tire cleaner that is not going to hurt even the most sensitive of rims.

Next i am looking for a wheel sealant basically in the same nature, that will not hurt painted, powder coated, anodized, and polished wheels.

both of these products need to be safe on all wheels and be able for me to use without second guessing myself if they will hurt the wheels.

Oh, and i am also looking for a paint/clearcoat safe water spot remover that will perform well. I have tried diff. products but all with no luck.

All help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Blackthorn One
06-28-2009, 06:53 PM
Griot's Garage Wheel Cleaner is approved by BBS.

Emile
06-28-2009, 08:54 PM
For a wheel cleaner, try the Mothers FX Wheel Cleaner. It is safe for all wheels; I have two bottles which I purchased from Autogeek but I have not tried it yet. I am not sure if it will clean tires but usually most wheel cleaners can clean your tires safely. And at 4oz per dollar for the Mothers FX Wheel Cleaner, it's a damn decent value.

Poorboy's Wheel Sealant or DP Wheel Glaze. Personally I use Optimum Spray Wax because it is so easy to apply and most wheel cleaners will strip waxes/sealants currently on the wheels so I can re-apply the Optimum Spray Wax after every wash without any trouble.

corolla619
06-28-2009, 09:08 PM
How about 4 star ultimate wheel cleaner and the dp wheel glaze. I think i'm sold on the dpwheel glaze. What are your opinions on the 4 star wheel cleaner?

PerroneFord
06-28-2009, 09:27 PM
If I had to buy a wheel cleaner to clean a set of irreplaceable wheels, I'd either use soap and water, or Griots. So, I bought Griots for JUST such an occasion.

As for a sealant, mostly anything would work. I used Poli-Seal today. Probably going to start using Liquid Glass as I have a bunch of it, and it's cheap to use.

Blackfire
06-28-2009, 09:59 PM
I just started using Megs APC+ at 4:1. It does an awesome job, and it's a very economical all purpose cleaner.

My preferred wheel glaze is DP. I'll stick with that one until it stops working for me.

HMFIC
06-28-2009, 10:30 PM
Wolfgang Tire Wheel cleaner and PS21 are 2 of the safest wheel cleaners out there.

Poorboy's World Wheel Sealant and DP glaze(becauses it smells so @!#$ good and works too)

Have you tried claying the water spots? Hook us up with a pic.

corolla619
06-29-2009, 06:12 PM
no water spots.its just that i have custom forged 3 piece wheels (2 sets) and want to make life easier.

ryandamartini
06-29-2009, 06:21 PM
no water spots.its just that i have custom forged 3 piece wheels (2 sets) and want to make life easier.

P21S Wheel Cleaner is great stuff. It is a favorite to use on rims I need to be careful with.

ScottB
06-29-2009, 06:38 PM
I have uncoated high polished Iforged Wheels and only use P21S or Griots wheel cleaner on them. Likely DP Wheel Cleaner would work too but not tried to date. I use Poorboys and DP Wheel Glazes with great success on them too.