PDA

View Full Version : ez detail brush and butterstick wheel tool

bimmer75
06-28-2009, 03:57 PM
I have spent alot of money in the last year with autogeek and all products have been better then I thought they would be,But the ez detail brush has just fell apart on me after cleaning my rims 6 times and the butterstick wheel tool ripped apart after first use.What are you guys using to clean your rims,any help would be appreciated.Thank you Bill

loudog2
06-28-2009, 04:17 PM
I use the daytona speed brush. It is the updated version of the ez detail.

Blackfire
06-28-2009, 10:03 PM
You should have known that anything described as an *ez detail*, just couldn't be.:D

Emile
06-29-2009, 06:11 PM
EZ Detail Brush is for motorcycles. People love to clean the wheel barrels with this brush and I'm sure it works quite well.

Personally, I use a wheel brush which I purchased from AutoZone on the wheels themselves (the brand says AutoZone as well, but I'm pretty sure it's made by Carrand or Laitner).

For wheel barrels (inside the wheels), I use an S.M. Arnold Spoke Wheel Brush, the long version. It is very long and is on a bendable wire. The bristles are stiff so they have good scrubbing power but the diameter of the bristles is narrow...makes it easy to get inside the wheels but the actual contact area is small. Works on lots of wheels for me, but you can also pickup a brush like this from AutoZone for like $6 that has softer and longer bristles, which offers less scrubbing power but a larger contact area.

BenzDetailer
06-29-2009, 07:19 PM
I use the Griots Garage Wheel Cleaning Stick it works great and has lasted through a few hundred Wheels. It gets into tight spots and does the job!

heatgain
06-29-2009, 07:19 PM
I've used that AZ brush, and it lasted about 9-10 washes before the wire broke.
I guess breaking a $6 brush is better than breaking a $30 brush.
5 brushes at $6 = $30 = 45 washes.
5 brushes at $25 = $125 = 30 washes.
I'll take door #1, Monty.

bill walsh
06-29-2009, 07:32 PM
i use sonic detail brushes

Blackfire
06-29-2009, 07:45 PM
The Sonic Brush looks good.

I always chuckle when a product is labeled to remove baked on brake dust *instantly*.

That doesn't happen! That's why they offer brushes and recommend a second or third application.

spamlova
06-30-2009, 02:02 PM
daytona is thicker and more durable