PDA

View Full Version : First time with my flex

MoparAddict
06-28-2009, 02:59 PM
So yesterday i had a truck lined up to do. It had a very good case of dealer lot rot, water spots, marring, minor scratches from lot washers. So i decided i would use my flex sense iv had it for about 4 months and never used it.
Now i have always used a rotary, so i wasnt sure what to expect with the flex. I was just had a couple questions about it.
I noticed i really had to hold on to it, seemed like it had a lot of grab. If i eased up it would take off on me. i donno if im just use to the rotary and how smooth it is or this is just how the flexs are. I switched back to my rotary half way through. My forearms are killin me today, which never happens with my rotary.
I was using CCS pads with the flex. So i was wondering was i do something wrong? should i try the kompressor pads? are they smoother? or do i just need to get use to the flex? it was 106 degrees yesterday, that could of contributed to it. i was priming the pad and the panel. Th
Any tips/ help would be appreciated. Hope everyone is having a good weekend!!:cheers:

ryandamartini
06-28-2009, 06:07 PM
Hmm I think you just may have to get used to the movement of a DA polisher again! hehehe

106 O.O Not prime weather to learn or get used to anything. I would try it again on a panel and just figure out how it is most comfortable to hold it for you. Maybe do some finishing polish at lighter speeds to get the hang of it ?

budman3
06-29-2009, 09:56 AM
The Flex spins in the opposite direction compared to a rotary and I think it is just a matter of getting used to the machine. You can still direct the polisher by applying pressure on the side... just the opposite side compared to a rotary. You also don't need to apply much pressure either. What speed were you using it on? After my initial run with the Flex I had it on speed 1 - 2 and it felt awkward and difficult but over time I bumped it up to 4-5 and things got better for me.

conan777
06-29-2009, 02:31 PM
Sounds like your pads may have attributed to the problem? I rarely have my Flex jump around on me unless I get some sticky paint at which time I switch over to wool (which also work great with the Flex). Keep at it, it is a valuabe tool to have. I love it when I'm trying to git a RID out as you can hang on that spot for awhile which if you did that with the rotary bye..bye..paint. Also no worry of Holograms Im the MAN