PDA

View Full Version : Duragloss - What order/combo ?

dforeid
06-27-2009, 02:55 PM
Folks,

After TONS of research I have decided to go with the Duragloss line. I've ordered the 501, 601 and 105. I was going in this order:

Wash/Dry
Clay
501/remove
601/leave on, followed immediately with 105
Remove both
Optionally followed by Souveran (not sure I'll do this)

I read somewhere on this forum that once you remove the 501, go around the car with the 601, but leave it on and put the 105 directly on top of it - removing them together. Is that correct? Sounded like the 601 was a booster to the 105's durability.

Also, what kind of cure time should I do if I decide to add the Souveran?

Thanks in advance.... so much good info. on this forum!!!!!!

RTexasF
06-27-2009, 03:00 PM
#601 is a bonding agent. You are correct that it is wiped off together with #105. Good choice but one of their best products is Aquawax....use it once and you'll never be without it again!

dforeid
06-27-2009, 05:00 PM
I ordered the AW too, but I assumed that was more like a quick detailer to keep the polish up. Are you suggesting that after finishing up with the 105 that I use the AW instead of the Souveran?

sal329
06-27-2009, 05:15 PM
Yes you are correct, wait 12-24 hours before topping 105, 111 is a great DG product as well, adds a real nice wet look

dforeid
06-29-2009, 11:20 PM
Still kind of wondering. Are you suggesting that the PB AW is good as a stand alone wax after I do the 105? Put this on in lieu of the carnauba?

SRHTX
06-30-2009, 05:48 AM
#601 is a bonding agent. You are correct that it is wiped off together with #105. Good choice but one of their best products is Aquawax....use it once and you'll never be without it again!

This Aquawax is one of Rick's "MUST HAVES"!!!!!! Im the MAN He made me order some. In fact, that item is suppose to arrive at my place late this afternoon. LOL Thanks Rick :cheers:

RTexasF
06-30-2009, 10:13 AM
Still kind of wondering. Are you suggesting that the PB AW is good as a stand alone wax after I do the 105? Put this on in lieu of the carnauba?

In spite of the name Aquawax is a spray on wipe off sealant. DG#105 will stand up by itself as an LSP. A quick once over with the AW will add even more bling and a tad more protection. It also does an exceptional job on glass, exterior plastic items, wheels......it is super stuff!

Unless you are Superman it is impossible where I live to wash & dry a car before it spots. AW to the rescue! Spots gone and it looks like you spent hours waxing it. Mind you this is not a QD, it is only for a clean surface.

If you want carnauba atop the #105 then go right ahead after the Duragloss has had time to bond.

RTexasF
06-30-2009, 10:16 AM
This Aquawax is one of Rick's "MUST HAVES"!!!!!! Im the MAN He made me order some. In fact, that item is suppose to arrive at my place late this afternoon. LOL Thanks Rick :cheers:

Use it on your Mazda and you'll see why I buy two gallons at a time :D

ryandamartini
06-30-2009, 11:05 AM
Unless you are Superman it is impossible where I live to wash & dry a car before it spots. AW to the rescue! Spots gone and it looks like you spent hours waxing it. Mind you this is not a QD, it is only for a clean surface.

If you want carnauba atop the #105 then go right ahead after the Duragloss has had time to bond.

AW is just for looks? I would beg to differ. Following the instructions on the spray bottle, spray when the car is wet hence the name aquawax, and it'll last 3-4 weeks just dandy. And also use it to maintain the 105 after you wash.

RTexasF
06-30-2009, 01:46 PM
Who said it was just for looks? Wiping down a freshly washed but still wet car is yet another one of it's many uses. As I said.....it is a sealant but it boosts the "look" of whatever it is used on.

julian
07-01-2009, 04:41 AM
I have found the DG combo to be extremely effective here in Fla. on my truck.
I top the DG combo with Sovereign, then keep it up with an aquawax type of quick wax or detailer immediately after blow drying the vehicle to keep the spots off.
I have found it is easier to wash the vehicle now, nothing wants to stick to the surface anymore. I wash once a week.. my truck that is :D

ryandamartini
07-01-2009, 07:16 AM
Who said it was just for looks? Wiping down a freshly washed but still wet car is yet another one of it's many uses. As I said.....it is a sealant but it boosts the "look" of whatever it is used on.

ah misread that, I was thinking blasphemy! hehe :cheers: