PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning C5 Plexiglass Top

tenorplayer23
06-26-2009, 04:43 PM
What's everybody use to clean C5 plexiglass tops, inside and out??

Waxes/polishes like the car exterior? Quick detailers? Should the inside surface be treated differently than the outside?

Any special considerations? And better/worse products or processes.

Thx! http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:forums.corvetteforum.com/get/images/smilies/seeya.gif

Steven C
06-26-2009, 09:28 PM
Be very careful. The outside has a very thin coating on it to help protect from scrathing. I look around for cleaning tips for 93 vette with problems with the top. Coating was cooked by someone with rotary & Rubbing compound (You Can't Fix Stupid) . Top was ruined and Deatail Shop had pay for new top@ 1500 bucks . From what I read was headlight cleaners will work outside what I used inside was damp glass mf & dry mf to polish I tried stay away from chemicals the do make cleaners plexiglass/lexan most true values sell it.The top is lexanIm the MAN

ASPHALT ROCKET
06-26-2009, 09:48 PM
I use Pinnacle paint cleaner to on mine.

tenorplayer23
06-26-2009, 09:50 PM
I agree. The car's too much of a cream puff for polishing. Wanted to know if there were better cleaners specifically for the top. Plexus and DP products have been recommended. I don't think machines will ever touch it!!!! But, I have seen so much discussion of all kinds of stuff people have used all over their cars (I mean, ALL over!), I thought I'd ask specifically. Thx.

Be very careful. The outside has a very thin coating on it to help protect from scrathing. I look around for cleaning tips for 93 vette with problems with the top. Coating was cooked by someone with rotary & Rubbing compound (You Can't Fix Stupid) . Top was ruined and Deatail Shop had pay for new top@ 1500 bucks . From what I read was headlight cleaners will work outside what I used inside was damp glass mf & dry mf to polish I tried stay away from chemicals the do make cleaners plexiglass/lexan most true values sell it.The top is lexanIm the MAN

ScottB
06-27-2009, 09:12 AM
Plexus or DP Plex all ....