PDA

View Full Version : Inexpensive Helpers

Blackfire
06-26-2009, 02:20 PM
I was visiting the local discount store and discovered an end rack full of auto detailing supplies. Some brand name, others that were off brand.

My selection came to $14.00.

The 3M sponge and foam/terry applicator can be used for washing tires and wheels and dressing them. $.89 each. The 3M foam sponge is labeled *bug sponge*, but that ain't touching my cars!

The MF mitt will be used to buff away the DP Tire Glaze. $.99

The tape is 60 yards for $1.49. That will mask a lot of trim.

The brushes are horsehair, made in Israel and were $1 each. I use one for tire buffing, one for interior leather and vinyl and one on standby. I'll come up with something.

The Quickie MF hand applicators are ideal for applying DP Interior Protectant. They are easy to grip and do a nice job of spreading the protectant. 2 for $.99.

The fire nozzle was a rare find! It was $4.00. I can't find another one like it. It's a Rubbermaid product. It has variable patterns from fine fan spray to a jet stream.

Making economical buys like this allows me to spend more money on quality waxes, sealants, MF towels, and other fine products at Autogeek.

I used to hate going shopping with my DW (Darling Wife) at this store. But now that there's an aisle dedicated just to me, I drag her out with me, now!:D

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a265/mhudak/IMG_0299.jpg

Garry Dean
06-26-2009, 02:28 PM
Nice finds! Looks like you got some good stuff there!

mrGolfRider
06-26-2009, 02:32 PM
Wow, what great deals..what is your local discount store called?

Blackfire
06-26-2009, 02:54 PM
Marc's.

ScottB
06-27-2009, 09:15 AM
Its funny as I dont particularly like OEM products, but often times find myself at Biglots just to see the discounted products. Most fail but at 3-5 dollars always seems worth the risk.

michael k
06-27-2009, 08:59 PM
I like that fire nozzle!!Had'nt seen one .

killrflake
06-27-2009, 11:15 PM
You never know when your going to find in those overstock or discount stores. I've found a few items myself that some might consider cheap garbage, but serve my purpose and they are so cheap to buy that I'll use them once and toss them. Lets face it, most of us won't buff off excess tire dressing with a Shamrock MF towel:D.

Blackfire
06-28-2009, 09:11 AM
You never know when your going to find in those overstock or discount stores. I've found a few items myself that some might consider cheap garbage, but serve my purpose and they are so cheap to buy that I'll use them once and toss them. Lets face it, most of us won't buff off excess tire dressing with a Shamrock MF towel:D.

Hey, one of those brushes is a KIWI brand shoe brush which sold for $9.95 retail. That's when folks actually buffed shoes. Makes for an awesome interior buffing brush, leather and vinyl.

The Quickie MF sponges are sold by many online detail suppliers for $3.00 a pair..I paid less than a $.

I also bought some clearance MF towels, 80/20, 18 X 18, 24 of them for a whopping price of $4.50! The label is also sold at AutoZone. Plenty of uses for them besides the paint finish.

The Carrand products, some sold here, are also on the shelf. A wheel brush for $.99..:)

sal329
06-28-2009, 10:04 AM
Nice finds for sure