PDA

View Full Version : Detailing lessons in Connecticut or Rhode Island?

iamlouie
06-26-2009, 12:52 PM
I've done my best to maintain my car's appearance since I bought it two years ago. All of the products I've purchased are hand applied products since I did not want to commit to purchasing a PC and end up not using it. I also did not want to ruin my paint due to inexperience.

I think I'm finally ready to purchase a PC or Flex but I wanted to see first hand how they are used and see the results.

Are there any members or know of good detailing shops from Southeastern CT or Rhode Island willing to teach a newbie how to use a PC properly?

loudog2
06-26-2009, 01:42 PM
Watch the video's on AG's site. The PC is pretty idiot proof, so is the Flex. It's not like a rotary where a paint burn is possible quickly. Also, I am Louie:D

iamlouie
06-26-2009, 02:49 PM
Watch the video's on AG's site. The PC is pretty idiot proof, so is the Flex. It's not like a rotary where a paint burn is possible quickly. Also, I am Louie:D

I've watched some of the videos but I'm still intimidated, hehe.

I also want to see first hand what holograming, hazing, orange peel, RIDS, etc look like.

SATracker
06-26-2009, 04:48 PM
Finding someone is a great idea; that's what I did. I have a Porter 7424 but got to use a Flex at Concours Auto Salon in San Antonio. I still use my PC, but when I get the $$$ I'm going to get a Flex. It's nice to watch a pro in action and then have your work evaluated. If the guy is really nice, like Anthony at Concours, you can go back just to shoot the breeze or do some more work.