PDA

View Full Version : Fuzion dry time ?

Pages : [1] 2

Billd0957
06-26-2009, 11:44 AM
How long do you leave Fuzion on the car before buffing?

Eliran
06-26-2009, 12:24 PM
Fuzion is Wipe on Wipe off so basically you can wipe off right away, no cure time need.

Billd0957
06-26-2009, 12:28 PM
When I wipe it off right away and put the car in the sun I can still see a film if thats the correct wording. like it all does not come off. I do only put a very thin layer.

A4 1.8tqm
06-26-2009, 12:36 PM
Try giving the whole vehicle a final buff with a clean plush MF like Cobra Shamrock.

loudog2
06-26-2009, 12:49 PM
When I wipe it off right away and put the car in the sun I can still see a film if thats the correct wording. like it all does not come off. I do only put a very thin layer.
How many towels are you using? I go through about 3(all sides folded) when removing waxes. Then 1 more for the final buff.

Billd0957
06-26-2009, 01:36 PM
I use 2 MF towels (Artic white edgeless towel).

Rsurfer
06-26-2009, 02:12 PM
You may need something more plush for final buffing.

HMFIC
06-26-2009, 02:15 PM
Sounds like your waxing hot paint. Hot paint will make Fuzion streak

ScottB
06-27-2009, 09:16 AM
over application can cause streaking also ... nice thin application. More does not offer better or longer protection.

Emile
06-27-2009, 07:52 PM
Fuzion is wipe off as quick as you wipe on. The wax spreads very easily, so it sounds like you are just spreading the wax around while trying to buff it off.

You need to use quality microfiber towels that are for wax and polish removal. For Fuzion, I usually apply it to one or two panels and then I take my MF and go back and buff off. Then I flip the towel over and buff off again. Usually by the second pass all the remains of the Fuzion are gone.

Keep in mind that Fuzion is not really a "wipe off" wax, you actually have to buff the surface to remove the excess and to bring out the brilliant shine.

loudog2
06-27-2009, 08:04 PM
Has anyone read the thread over on autopia about carnuba removal via MF? They're saying you are not supposed to remove carnuba w/a MF towel. The towel removes the wax off the paint. You are supposed to use a terry towel instead.

Emile
06-27-2009, 08:59 PM
Never read it, but I don't buy it. Many paste waxes these days are carnauba and polymers, and a microfiber towel will not remove the coat that has bonded to the paint.

Even carnauba formulas still have other ingredients in the mix to make it into a hard paste. I can't see any kind of decent microfiber towel being abrasive enough to remove the coat of wax you just applied.

loudog2
06-27-2009, 09:09 PM
Never read it, but I don't buy it. Many paste waxes these days are carnauba and polymers, and a microfiber towel will not remove the coat that has bonded to the paint.

Even carnauba formulas still have other ingredients in the mix to make it into a hard paste. I can't see any kind of decent microfiber towel being abrasive enough to remove the coat of wax you just applied.
I'm not saying I believe it. I just thought it was interesting.

SRHTX
06-27-2009, 10:45 PM
Well, I have a question about the Fuzion. I have the 3oz container of it and have yet to use it. I will not put it onto anyone vehicle unless I know the paint is in good shape since I have to charge a higher amount for it. I will assume you are only supposed to apply that wax by the yellow pad, correct? Are you allowed to use a puffer on that wax at a very slow speed? I have some clients’ vehicles that would pay the extra money for such a wax. Yes. I do the usual. Wash, clay then buff a polish onto any vehicle. I really do not like to hand wax anything.

Any recommendations would be helpful.

Stephen

christian900se
06-27-2009, 11:02 PM
The problem with using a machine with that amount of wax (expecially since it is high end) is that alot of product is wasted in the process. I think the best way to apply any decent wax is by hand, but if you build in enough overhead to cover the costs then go for it. CCS grey or blue pads.