PDA

View Full Version : Difference between QD and ONR

randye
06-26-2009, 08:42 AM
I was wondering what the difference is between a QD and ONR? It seems they could be used for the same purpose. Is the QD just for spot cleaning and ONR for a complete car wash? Is one better than the other or are we talking apples and oranges here?

Thanks for any replies

Randy

dublifecrisis
06-26-2009, 09:40 AM
ONR mixed as a QD is just a part of the ONR arsenal. In the world of QD's in general, us detailing nerds tend to seperate a Quick Detailer by it's stronger attributes. Some QD's are better for spot cleaning, some have better slickness, some are more user friendly, some are cost effective and fall in the middle somewhere etc etc...

ONR mixed as a QD is looked at more of an effective cleaning QD with SOME (little) increased looks. It's also a fine clay lube spray whether you mix it for clay lube or just use it mixed as a QD like I do.

ONR's primary purpose is for rinseless washing that just so happens to make decent QD.

A dedicated QD like Pinnacle Mist, Meguiars QD, Optimum Instant Detailer, Wolfgang Spritz, Duragloss Fast Clean and Shine etc should always offer more than ONR QD in terms of look/feel/smell but obviously not as cost effective.

ONR QD - good for smudges, bird bombs, pre-soak to ONR wash, door jambs

Dedicated QD - final step of a detail to add gloss and slickness after waxing or used during weekly washes in between waxing.

heatgain
06-26-2009, 11:36 AM
QD for light dusting. Kind of like Johnsons Pledge for your car.
ONR for washing.
But you can dilute ONR to make a QD.

randye
06-26-2009, 03:10 PM
Ok, I get it now. Thanks for the help everybody.

gofastman
06-30-2009, 06:53 PM
I find ONR mixed as a QD does A LOT for looks!

randye
06-30-2009, 07:30 PM
Looks like I'm putting ONR on my list!

Rsurfer
06-30-2009, 07:49 PM
For cleaning, ONR is on par with other QD's. As far as looks, protection and slickness, they are better alternatives.

christian900se
06-30-2009, 09:55 PM
Eh, I find that ONR detracts from a clean, prepared surface. Im getting my order from Glo*s-It including their QD, which is supposedly one of the best so I will be reviewing that!