PDA

View Full Version : My Detailing Weekend

ZmZoom6
09-08-2006, 06:37 PM
Ok so I got a bunch of new stuff from AG this week and I plan on detailing the car. My plan is as follows:

1) Wash using megs nxt
2) Clay
3) Polish
4) Wax

Here's what I have: AIO, VMG, ExP, and S100. I have read about success/failure w/ the VMG/ExP combo. I really want to try the combo anyway, but there are a few combinations to choose from, so I'm wondering if anyone has any advice...Thanks

abrcrombe
09-08-2006, 07:21 PM
If you are worries about the combo, but want to try it out, just do it! Have fun and if it doesn't work out you always have a backup plan (VMG/S100). You don't any imperfections in the paint because AIO won't really remove anything... so you are going to need an abrasive polish.

ZmZoom6
09-08-2006, 07:26 PM
I do have imperfections in the paint which is why I would rather use VMG over AIO. I know it will only hide those imperfections, but until I get a PC it is the best I can think of at the moment.

ScottB
09-09-2006, 07:44 AM
Wash ---- Clay --- VMG ---- S100

best offering based on your products. AIO and VMG are similar although I feel VMG is more abrasive versus just a paint cleaner. (they will work against each other) . Since VMG has no compatibility issues with S100 it seems like the best laid plan.