PDA

View Full Version : Never wax again finishes

HotRod
06-25-2009, 05:12 PM
Here is a copy of an ad online, in my area. Never knew there was anything like this before.

"Never Wax Again Finishes is a business that is new to the Hays area that is based out of WaKeeney. Our specialty is to give your vehicle a showroom finish that lasts as long as the life of the paint. IT IS NOT A WAX!!!! This is a process that is done to the top coat of the vehicle that will give it the mirror image shine of a "just off the assembly line" finish. If you like that "New" look on your vehicle/motorcycle/SUV/boat/aircraft, please give us a call"

Anyone heard of this before? What would they be adding to the paint that will last the life of the paint?

corolla619
06-25-2009, 05:32 PM
if i am thinking the same thing, basically it's a clear over a clear. My sis thought this would be cool since she's pretty lazy with her subie. Did it work???? Of course not, after it was sprayed on and cured, yada yada....it left nasty swirls EVERYWHERE and nothing could pull them out. Keep in mind, this was on a brand new car.

So with my personal experiences, i rate this a -1 out of 10....if this is based on the same product.

ScottB
06-25-2009, 05:49 PM
could be a paint sealant like the dealers sell and offer years of protection. Optimum has a new "coating" not wax or sealant that is said to offer additional protection and built upon the clearcoat but must be applied by a professional.

HotRod
06-25-2009, 06:04 PM
Is the "coating" sprayed on? Or applied like wax? I did a google search on this type of business and it seems like there are alot of scams involving this type of "finish". But maybe there are some legit companies doing this.

Rsurfer
06-25-2009, 09:54 PM
5 Star Shine is another one.

Rsurfer
06-25-2009, 10:02 PM
My neighbor had it done on his Jag and it looked ok. Kind of a matte gloss, if there's such a thing. It looked nice and clean, but not very reflective. It didn't have that deep glow either. Just sort of flat, but clean looking. Will it last 5 years without waxing? This Jag might cause it's parked under cover, not garaged, but out of the sun and hardly driven.

Blackfire
06-26-2009, 05:40 AM
Who can go a week without a car to wax?

OGauge4Me
06-26-2009, 06:14 AM
:whs::iagree:

bkazepis
06-26-2009, 08:21 AM
Who can go a week without a car to wax?

Not me....help me make it stop...:buffing:

Garry Dean
06-26-2009, 10:57 AM
Sounds like a scam to me!

ScottB
06-27-2009, 09:18 AM
Infiniti now offers some self healing clearcoats and technology designed by Nissan, anyone had any thoughts on actual product ??

nrengle
06-27-2009, 12:48 PM
It kinda reminded me of the Optimum "X" coating. But as far as I'm aware it's not out of the testing phase yet. Scottwax over on autopia has been testing it, and he's gotten some amazing longevity out of it (something like 7 or 8 months currently). But it's not something you apply once and it lasts the life of the car. We all know that's BS.

SRHTX
06-27-2009, 01:08 PM
My neighbor had it done on his Jag and it looked ok. Kind of a matte gloss, if there's such a thing. It looked nice and clean, but not very reflective. It didn't have that deep glow either. Just sort of flat, but clean looking. Will it last 5 years without waxing? This Jag might cause it's parked under cover, not garaged, but out of the sun and hardly driven.

Not driving a Jag often is NOT a good thing. I have a client with an '89 XJS Cabrio, under 15k miles, and everything went bad. I talked him into repainting the Jag and to get other things taken care of ASAP. I also ordered new tires since the other ones went bad. poor Jag. The owner never washed or covered the Jag what so ever. Now, I keep my eyes on it. Here is a before and after look:

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r269/srhtx/Hino%20Vehicles/DriverRear.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r269/srhtx/Hino%20Vehicles/DriverFront.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r269/srhtx/Hino%20Vehicles/DSCF0392.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r269/srhtx/Hino%20Vehicles/DSCF0393.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r269/srhtx/Hino%20Vehicles/DSCF0391.jpg

Rsurfer
06-27-2009, 04:31 PM
Infiniti now offers some self healing clearcoats and technology designed by Nissan, anyone had any thoughts on actual product ??I was very serious in getting a G37 in black until I found out about the new paint. Guy's are having nightmares trying to polish this paint. They call it Sticky Paint, cause it just spits out your polish into balls.

SRHTX
06-27-2009, 04:40 PM
I was very serious in getting a G37 in black until I found out about the new paint. Guy's are having nightmares trying to polish this paint. They call it Sticky Paint, cause it just spits out your polish into balls.

That is why both of my G35 sedans have been dark greys. I really do not wish to get another white, red or black vehicle again. I would like to get a nice deep blue one of these years. Miss not having those G's again. :(