PDA

View Full Version : suggestion please

XtreMeAuto
09-08-2006, 06:15 PM
after receiving my first order from AG last week, i went ahead and did my first detailing job to my 2006 black tahoe... after about 6 hrs of on and off elbow creasing.. im 80% happy with my work.. now here are the questions..

since my tahoe is black.. 3m Finness worked aite, but it didnt take out the swirls/waterspots on the first try..there are still some left behind:mad: .. i want something more agressive and eaiser to work with..i was thinking XMT or PB SSR? White pad?

should i stick with the AIO or go with another compadable combo for step 2? natty blue?

this was my list of work-

wash
3m fitness
aio
wolf gang gloss

any suggestion will help..

sorry im such a noob.. im so used to the kragen and auto Zone ProductsFeed back please

abrcrombe
09-08-2006, 07:23 PM
Welcome and if you have moderate swirling I would go with SSR 2.5 to tackle the swirls and SSR 1 to make it perfect. Another combo could be XMT 2 then XMT 1. I would recommend probably a light cut pad to remove the imperfections, because a finishing pad isn't really going to do much and I don't think you should have that many swirls where you would need a more aggressive pad. BTW, nothing wrong with kragen and autozone products, they just aren't the boutique products that can be found online.

XtreMeAuto
09-08-2006, 07:57 PM
abrcrombe- thanks for the reply.

i have been doing a lot reading about the ssr 2.5 and ssr 1.. as well are the XMT 2 and XMT1.. they both have positive feed backs..im leaning towards the XMT and take advantage of the SALE!! the thing with my tahoe is that, while i was on vacation for 5 weeks.. my car got hammer by my neighbor sprinklers and then bake under 100 degree california temps.. claying the surface of the car did not help at all.. so its in there nicely...

i would like to find a nice combo of stuff for black cars that will help me make my car "POP" again..and also which pad to use with which stuff.. white/yellow/ orange.. ive seen some pix of the cars on this site and i am so impress:applause:

please share any pass experienced with dark /black cars with me.. im willing to learn.. and please bear with me if i have more questions..

AGAIN I WOULD LIKE TO GO AHEAD AND THANK YOU FIRST..

FloridaNative
09-08-2006, 08:10 PM
Welcome to the forums. You will find lots of help here. :) Have you tried white vinegar on the water spots? That may take them out if they're not etched in. If it doesn't then you could try Poorboy's professional polish. The XMT line is excellent. They work in and break down nicely with very little dust and leave the finish clean and clear. The pad conditioner and cleaner are godsends and the carnauba finishing glaze is awesome. It really gives dark colored cars extra gloss and wetness and makes it perfectly ready for your favorite wax. :) Here is a thread about black cars that might help you and if you have any other questions feel free to ask away. :) You'll find the answers here.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1315 (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1315)

Hope this helps you. :)