PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning interior.....any tips???

KenSekiguchi
06-24-2009, 02:31 PM
Hey, I have decided to clean the carpet and cloth seats in my 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX. I have never thoroughly cleaned cloth seats or the interior before and I would like to do a great job the first time around. Any tips or suggestions? Thanks.

ScottB
06-24-2009, 03:13 PM
Carpet cleaners & hot water extractors, carpet shampooer, auto carpet cleaning machine, carpet extractors, carpet cleaning machines, carpet cleaner, (http://www.autogeek.net/carpet-hot-water-extractors.html)

If you can rent or use one of these hot water extractors, its the way to go. I rather like Folex or Wolfgang Spot Remover for light cleaning.

KenSekiguchi
06-24-2009, 05:04 PM
How about those carpet cleaners that you can get at Home Depot, Lowe's, etc.?

SpotlessDetail
07-10-2009, 05:41 AM
Folex is one that you can get at Home Depot or Lowes. It is just about the best cleaner for carpet, seats, and upholstery that I have found. Not much I can't get out with it. Not sure if you can dilute it to make it go a little further maybe someone else can help with that? And yes an extractor saves a huge amount of time. Just make sure u leave the windows or doors open until dry. Good luch and with any more questions feel free to check in. :cheers:

SRHTX
07-10-2009, 05:47 AM
Folex is one that you can get at Home Depot or Lowes. It is just about the best cleaner for carpet, seats, and upholstery that I have found. :cheers:

That is what I use. :iagree: Lowe's has them in an easy to find location and they are not expensive.

SpotlessDetail
07-10-2009, 07:39 PM
Good man!