PDA

View Full Version : Pre mixed ONR in a spray bottle for on-the-go wash???

alowe
06-24-2009, 08:22 AM
Anyone tried to mix a gallon and pour into a spray bottle for on the go washes when a bucket cannot be used? just wondering if this has been tried? Or, is this not going to be enough lubricity? If so, wondering how to soak the rag initially? Keep soaked in a jar with ONR???

agpatel
06-24-2009, 08:27 AM
That would be waterless washing and it can be done just not when the car is too dirty as you can not get enough liquid thus lubrication to wash away the dirt thati s on the surface. I only do waterless washing if there is not alot of dirt/grime on the car.

ScottB
06-24-2009, 08:31 AM
sounds like a plan ... kinda a quick detailer to go !

CharlesW
06-24-2009, 08:46 AM
It might work, but the regular ONR mix is a lot less than Optimum recommends for even QD use.
ONR Rinseless - 1 oz. per 2 gallons of water
ONR QD - 6 oz. per 1 gallon of water
The wash solution seems like it would be way too weak of a mixture for what you want to do.

If you need a waterless wash to carry with you, why not use Poorboy's Spray & Wipe?
I haven't used the DP Waterless Wash, but it would probably do the job as well.

Waxmax
06-24-2009, 09:18 AM
I use ONR as a waterless wash (in a spray bottle), but use a slightly greater concentration than the QD recommendation. I use 8 oz. per gallon (2 oz. per quart). Works fine.

dublifecrisis
06-24-2009, 12:56 PM
Griot's would fit this description correct?

TLMitchell
06-28-2009, 11:03 AM
Anyone tried to mix a gallon and pour into a spray bottle for on the go washes when a bucket cannot be used? just wondering if this has been tried? Or, is this not going to be enough lubricity? If so, wondering how to soak the rag initially? Keep soaked in a jar with ONR???

I use PB's Spray & Wipe for that type of usage as that's what it's made for. I tested it on a winter-dirty black vehicle covered in grunge that was due for a full detail anyway with excellent results. Liberal application is necessary for something really grungy though. Fortunately, it works just as well diluted 1:1 as it does full strength so it can be economical as well.

As other's mentioned, ONR would probably work OK, I don't know what dilution level would be advised for a spray application though.

TL

Rsurfer
06-28-2009, 03:11 PM
It might work, but the regular ONR mix is a lot less than Optimum recommends for even QD use.
ONR Rinseless - 1 oz. per 2 gallons of water
ONR QD - 6 oz. per 1 gallon of water
The wash solution seems like it would be way too weak of a mixture for what you want to do.

If you need a waterless wash to carry with you, why not use Poorboy's Spray & Wipe?
I haven't used the DP Waterless Wash, but it would probably do the job as well.
ONR just raised the dillution ratio for QD from 6ozs. per gallon to 8 ozs. per gallon. If the car is really dirty, I would give it an ONR wash.

CharlesW
06-28-2009, 03:30 PM
ONR just raised the dillution ratio for QD from 6ozs. per gallon to 8 ozs. per gallon. If the car is really dirty, I would give it an ONR wash.I don't disagree with what you are saying, but the OP needs/wants something when a bucket can't be used.

Anyone tried to mix a gallon and pour into a spray bottle for on the go washes when a bucket cannot be used? just wondering if this has been tried? Or, is this not going to be enough lubricity? If so, wondering how to soak the rag initially? Keep soaked in a jar with ONR???Poorboy's S&W seems to fit his requirements quite well.

Rsurfer
06-28-2009, 03:43 PM
I don't disagree with what you are saying, but the OP needs/wants something when a bucket can't be used.
Poorboy's S&W seems to fit his requirements quite well.
As I said, if the paint is really dirty use a bucket or a hose.