PDA

View Full Version : Shampoo plus Megs APC to remove protection???

alowe
06-24-2009, 08:19 AM
How many ounces of Megs APC per gallon would remove all protection from paint. Along with lets say 1 - 2 ounces of poorboys super slick and suds?

Bert31
06-24-2009, 11:13 AM
Generally I would recommend just rinsing the car off and spraying APC on the paint then washing. If you mix it in the bucket, you will need to use alot of APC.

Should you choose to go the route of putting APC in the buck to strip the paint, you will need I would guess atleast a 20:1 ratio. In a five gallon bucket with 4.5 gallons of wash solution that is 576 ounces total. To get a 20:1 ration, you will need atleast 25 ounces of APC. So again I would recommend just spraying the APC on the paint where you will only use and ounce or so rather than mixing in the bucket.

Billd0957
06-24-2009, 11:50 AM
Do you spray undiluted APC on the car?

Bert31
06-24-2009, 03:32 PM
Do you spray undiluted APC on the car?

What I spray on the car is undiluted but keep in mind the car is already wet from rinsing it off so that dilutes it some and when I am washing the car, my wash media is soaking wet so that dilutes it more as I am spreading the APC around while washing the panel.

So yes, what I spray on the car is at full strength but it is being diluted through the washing process.

nitro78
06-24-2009, 03:41 PM
:whs: this is the same process i use with dp cleanse all with a very thorough rinse.

Bert31
06-25-2009, 10:15 AM
:whs: this is the same process i use with dp cleanse all with a very thorough rinse.

Good point with the very thorough rinse that I forgot to add. You will want to make sure rinse off all of the APC completely.