PDA

View Full Version : Simple Green

Darren F
09-08-2006, 03:07 PM
Is it ok to use Simple Green when washing a car or will it strip the wax like using dishwashing detergent?

bluzman
09-08-2006, 03:54 PM
I would think it would be way to harsh to wash a car. Not trying to be a smarta$$ but why would you want to use it when there are so many good car washing soaps available?

ScottB
09-08-2006, 06:08 PM
I truly dont like Simple Green ... I have never found a job that could not be done better with another product. I highly suggest getting a bottle of Bug Squash by Poorboys and adding to wash when you need some extra power. Works great ... no issues !!

SVTContour
09-26-2006, 04:11 PM
I truly dont like Simple Green ... I have never found a job that could not be done better with another product. I highly suggest getting a bottle of Bug Squash by Poorboys and adding to wash when you need some extra power. Works great ... no issues !!

How harsh is bug squash on sealants?...Would it completely strip a carnauba wax?

FloridaNative
09-26-2006, 04:14 PM
I used Bug Squash every day that I was in Georgia. I diluted it according to the directions and I never had any issue with it stripping my wax. It just stripped all the little buggies. :p

JCB
09-26-2006, 06:25 PM
i use simple green to clean up engine bay and my rims, so far so good.

99 hardtop
09-27-2006, 11:33 AM
Is it ok to use Simple Green when washing a car or will it strip the wax like using dishwashing detergent?

:eek: Way too harsh on the paint. Will strip any wax. Only use a quality liquid wash that won't harm the paint. Many good ones on the market. good luck.
:cheers:

Excessive Detail
09-27-2006, 12:26 PM

How much do you use in the wash?

ScottB
09-27-2006, 04:48 PM
How much do you use in the wash?

2 squirts for a very dirty car. :o