PDA

View Full Version : Mike Phillips starts his journey to Autogeek.net!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Meghan
06-24-2009, 02:23 PM
I see it now ... the first video showing the detailing of a Monster Truck. I think were gonna need a longer powercord Mike. Seriously though, travel safe and enjoy the time with family.

Guess my short self will be detailing the wheels! :p

Dwayne
06-24-2009, 03:28 PM
Hi Mike! Nice first post. :welcome:

bulldog shine
06-24-2009, 06:39 PM
Hi Mike. Big Welcome to Florida once you are done and have safe travels to Oregon and Florida.

Garry Dean
06-24-2009, 08:10 PM
That was one heck of a first post! Be safe!

Meghan
06-24-2009, 08:38 PM
That was one heck of a first post! Be safe!

Just a small sample of things to come...Im the MAN

rwisejr
06-24-2009, 08:58 PM
Hey Mike welcome . Looking forward to your arrival. Enjoy your Quality time with your son as that is most important. Have a safe and enjoyable trip. See you when you arrive.

OGauge4Me
06-25-2009, 07:24 AM
Welcome Mike. I know you do not remember me, and that is ok. I signed up for a class you presented in Baltimore a few years back. I learned more in that class than I thought possible. I still feel that the time I invested in the class is still paying me back with dividends. Your attention to the little details makes for a first class detail on any automobile.

I am looking forward to your posts and advise on the forum.

C30-Mike
06-25-2009, 08:52 AM
Hi Mike, have a great career at AutoGeek.
When you show up, you should show the staff your custom cup holder and BMW grill. :) I am sure they will enjoy it.
We miss you at Meguiars.

Erik Mejia
06-26-2009, 04:14 PM
The Jimmy is coming along great. Looks like you're having fun relaxing and doing the things you love to do before going back to work. Have a safe, and fun filled trip Mike. :cheers:

sneek
06-26-2009, 07:23 PM
WOW! This comes as a HUGE surprise to me. Mike is going to be an awesome addition to this forum. I haven't really been on any detailing forums due to how busy I have been, however I look forward to Mike's posts!

Mike Phillips
06-26-2009, 10:58 PM
***Update***

Removed, inspected, cleaned and reinstalled the transmission, transfercase and torque converter and it appears to be all correct and ready to go.

today I installed the starter, transmission cooling lines, transmission shift linkage, transfercase linkage, MSD coil, ignition box, distributor and valve covers.

Here's shot of the visible progress, sorry about the low quality, I've been using my iphone for a camera for speed and convenience.

http://www.showcargarage.com/gallery/files/1/454MagnumInstalled017.jpg

Had a huge delay in progress on Thursday when after I installed the transmission and transfercase something was binding and the torque converter wouldn't bolt up to the flexplate.

I couldn't figure out or see what the problem could be so at 7:30am this morning I unbolted and removed the transmission and transfercase, cleaned and inspected everything and then reinstalled everything and this time everything meshed just perfectly.

If you've ever removed a transmission and transfercase out of a full size truck then you can understand how much work this is with a couple of buddies and even more work when you're doing it all by yourself.

Can you say...

Heavy Metal :eek:

Back to work...

Brian_Brice
06-26-2009, 11:26 PM
Awesome free agent pick-up AG! I've never spoke to Mike, but have long been a fan of his professionalism, and well known work ethic.

Good luck with the move Mike, and welcome to Florida.

-Brian

HMFIC
06-27-2009, 12:12 AM
I like your style Mike. Welcome to AG!

Mike Phillips
06-27-2009, 11:40 PM
Here's an update,

Installed water temperature line and oil pressure line today, it's a little different on a big block as compared to a small block so nothing was a direct bolt on from the small block, but it's all done.

Installed the ignition system including mounting the hardware and then wiring all the components together.

http://www.showcargarage.com/gallery/files/1/454MagnumInstalled018.jpg

If you look at the side of the engine block, just down from where the valve cover reads 454, you'll notice there's no headers. Test fit the Block Hugger Headers for the engine yesterday and found out they don't fit. The passenger side header hits the frame and the motor mount. The driver's side header just hits the frame.

You can see them in this picture and of course on the engine stand they fit fine, but they won't work in this frame and engine setup.

http://www.showcargarage.com/gallery/files/1/454MagnumMotor001.jpg

Called Jegs Saturday and the fastest a set of long tube headers can be shipped here without crazy shipping costs is Thursday.

So by Thursday, everything should be read to go and the engine should be ready to fire and break-in.

:)

Nappers
06-28-2009, 01:36 PM
Very nice buildup and the big block in your Jimmy Mike.....

Have fun in Oregon, my old stomping grounds!

Safe driving!