PDA

View Full Version : New Swirl Remover/Polish

former86camaro
03-28-2006, 10:13 AM
Swirl Removal is the end goal. I love the DP Sealant and Poor Boys Products. I used to use Pinnacle Sovereign, but Natty’s Blue beats it hands down on my red GTP. I have yet to try Max Wax, but back on track.

I am currently using the Sonus SFX line and HATE IT. Working with it compared to poor boys is a nightmare. I try to work it in till dusting, use QD to help removal and it just is not worth the hassle for the end results.

The paint is in fair condition, but the spoiler which is plastic or fiberglass I am not sure is swirl city. Any recommendations on a product to use. Must work well in Florida be easy off, and can contain some fillers. I want to continue using a sealant and nice nuba as a topper. May order some more natty’s blue unless you can assure me max wax is just as good. I used to use sovereign as a topper, but nattys is nicer imo.

ScottB
03-28-2006, 06:29 PM
Wolfgangs Advanced Swirl Remover has a nice following and is easier to use than others. Optimum Polish is another nice standby as it works alot longer than most polishes and when used properly breaks down rather nicely and doesnt always need a final polish.

Although I will agree that Natty's Blue is a great product, personally I think Souveran is still the king. Going back to it after trying Nattys Blue for a couple of weeks was enlightening. And as for ease of use, nobody compares to Souveran when using the WOWO method as prescribed. You might like Max Wax and Sig Series II if you prefer carnuba's without fillers.

former86camaro
03-28-2006, 06:36 PM
4 Star was highly recommended to me elsewhere. any feedback on that. how does the dp or pinnacle swirl removers work.

ScottB
03-28-2006, 07:26 PM
4 Star was highly recommended to me elsewhere. any feedback on that. how does the dp or pinnacle swirl removers work.

I have not used the Four Starr version but use the sealant (UPP) religiously. Pinnacles swirl removers were recently changed or upgrade I believe (I have the older Swirl Remover and Advanced Swirl Remover) and have used the DP versions as well. My favorites are :

Menzerna P085 (recently discontinued, we dont carry :( )
Poorboys SSR 2.5 and 1.0 (combo)
Optimum Polish
Megs #83 DACP (old standby)

http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/500/167Vette_0061.jpg

MasterShineBoy
03-29-2006, 12:53 AM
I'd hate to be a burn, but Pinnacle ASR is not my favorite to say the least! I know there are a few people that share my opinion!

pogo123
03-29-2006, 07:06 PM
I like the Pinnacle actually. It certainly isn't the most aggressive swirl remover out there but if your paint is already in pretty good shape then it does a fine job of removing light swirls and leaving a nice smooth, clean, shiny finish that's ready for any LSP. It's also very easy to use with a pretty long working time and no dusting. Worked well for me.

Jason
03-29-2006, 07:18 PM
The four star ultimate swirl mark remover is a great product. You can use it by hand or polisher. You can use it with a white polishing pad to get the job done.