PDA

View Full Version : New Product Alert -- Microfiber Scubbers

Pages : [1] 2

ScottB
03-03-2006, 08:17 PM
http://www.autogeek.net/cobra-microfiber-pad.html

Looky here .... another new tool in your detailing aersonal. Anyone using something similar and can provide a review. Looks like a great tool for dashes, doors, and plastic surrounds !

stingray
03-03-2006, 11:38 PM
I already have these microfiber power scrubbers in blue and in green. Also Costco sells 10 towels for 8.99 yellow in color.

ScottB
03-05-2006, 09:15 AM
I already have these microfiber power scrubbers in blue and in green. Also Costco sells 10 towels for 8.99 yellow in color.

Truthfully I try to stay away from micro's sold in bulk (other than ours of course). Most are the cheaper Korean made ones that can scratch. If you have not tried the Cobra Ultra-plush ... you truly dont know what you are missing. My son (infant) has already taken one as his "cuddly". I know they seem alot more expensive, but with proper upkeep they will last a long time and become your go-to towel.

http://www.autogeek.net/cobra-microfiber-towel.html

maveson
03-05-2006, 01:11 PM
I need a pad or cloth that I can use to spot clean my convertible top without leaving any "fuzzies" behind. Suggestions, please.

ScottB
03-05-2006, 01:28 PM
I need a pad or cloth that I can use to spot clean my convertible top without leaving any "fuzzies" behind. Suggestions, please.

fabric tops and cloth's do not normally go well together. I would consider a brush. Oxo makes a few smaller ones, and this one (http://www.autogeek.net/featwasbrus.html) works well for normal cleaning.

Flightnurse
03-05-2006, 03:00 PM
Being in the military I been to Korea and found that the MF towels are really nice. Plus, they are a lot cheaper. I still purchased MF from Autogeek, and I have them in my mobility bag for general purpose cleaning. I have my Ipod 60 GB wrapped in one at all time when not in use.....Ready for the desert..:eek:

Sherman8r44
03-05-2006, 03:27 PM
Aren't the Super-Plushes made in Korea?

Flightnurse
03-05-2006, 03:41 PM
Yes, they ae in Korea. You still have be careful with the rejects but I will use these in the engine and to clean the rims. Plus general detailing around the doors. Be careful of the owns that are made in Chna...Pure crap....

MasterShineBoy
03-06-2006, 02:07 AM
I just bought 1 order of these, they best be good... jk

joe.p
03-06-2006, 11:24 PM
Correct me if i'm wrong but the better MFS are made in Korea,The cheaper ones from china.

Miami_Sunset
03-07-2006, 03:49 AM
Correct me if i'm wrong but the better MFS are made in Korea,The cheaper ones from china.

Doesnt that depend on the manufacturer & not the country. Now india is making MF towels. Soon we will have South America making MF towels. With time manufactures improve technology & so does the qualuity of MF towels. Dont be surprised if Autozone/wal-mart/target stocks up on Qulaity towels in a year or two. :p

Matt
03-08-2006, 11:26 AM
Joe,

This is true most of the time...Chinese MFs have a "cheap" reputation.

However, check out the product description of our Super-Plush. :)

This towel’s birthplace is Korea but you could say its upbringing was in China. The result is the best of both worlds. The luxurious microfiber was woven by a Korean company who owns what we call a splitting machine. This machine is responsible for the absorbent split-weave that is found in Cobra towels. Because of the expense of this machine, its uncommon in Korea and nowhere to be found in China. However, the cost of labor in China is much lower because of the huge labor force. By having the fabric woven in Korea and the towels cut and sewn in China, we’ve managed to acquire these towels at a substantial savings without sacrificing quality. In fact, the Cobra Super-Plush Deluxe Towel is of same outstanding quality as all our Cobra towels.

joe.p
03-08-2006, 12:41 PM
[Qoute=] Mattwe’ve managed to acquire these towels at a substantial savings without sacrificing quality. In fact, the Cobra Super-Plush Deluxe Towel is of same outstanding quality as all our Cobra towels. Qoute

The savingings are passed on to the company at much lower cost EXANPLE:075 or less for MFs and tne same mf resold in the USA from $3.00 to $6.00 to the customer .. im not sure this is savings is past down to the cuctumer as much as its meant to profir for the company..

I get 70/30 MFs from the dollarstore near the house 2 x $2.00 amn i'll put them up against costco MFS any time target or autozone any day of the week,if they can sell 2 x2 mfs that are 79/30 for 2.00t hen why are the competitors selling for'em $7.00 -$14.00 on line and add $8.00 to sheep the item. I would bet that they get a very good shipping right at best

joe.p

stingray
03-10-2006, 10:45 PM
Costco sells 20 microfiber towels for 8.00

MasterShineBoy
03-11-2006, 01:19 AM
Costco sells 20 microfiber towels for 8.00

I would not use those on the paint, but for everything else that is a great deal. They are just too thin to QD and lack enoght pile to make me fell "safe."