PDA

View Full Version : Meg's Super Degreaser safe on wheels?

Emile
06-18-2009, 05:58 PM
I have found Meguiar's Super Degreaser to be really effective when cleaning tires and wheel wells, best of all the stuff is dirt cheap and is diluted 4:1 for heavy cleaning.

If I'm spraying this stuff on my tires, is it okay if I get some on the wheels? I'm not saying I want to use it to clean my wheels, but I like using it to clean tire side-walls and I always get some over-spray and some product run-down onto my wheels. Safe or no?

Thanks,
Emile

Rsurfer
06-18-2009, 06:25 PM
Wet down your wheels first and you should be fine.

joholste
06-18-2009, 07:32 PM
when you say 4:1 do you mean 4 parts degreaser to 1 part water or 4 parts water to 1 part cleaner

Rsurfer
06-18-2009, 08:15 PM
when you say 4:1 do you mean 4 parts degreaser to 1 part water or 4 parts water to 1 part cleaner
I believe it's the latter. Dillution ratios are normally water more than product.

Emile
06-18-2009, 09:53 PM
Yup, Rsurfer is correct. 4 parts water to 1 part Super Degreaser (4:1). For what it's worth, you can dilute Super Degreaser 10 parts water to 1 part Super Degreaser (10:1) which makes Super Degreaser an even better value.

Thanks for the post, Rsurfer. The back of the bottle actually says something very similar to what you said (using soap & water).

GXPWeasel
06-19-2009, 01:40 PM
If your wheels are clear coated, and you keep them waxed, my guess is you would have to then wax the wheels again, if you got the super degreaser on them. I don't have the product myself, but I can imagine that Super Degreaser will strip wax.