PDA

View Full Version : Setting up my mobile truck!

ryandamartini
06-16-2009, 07:29 PM
Well some of you saw in the general forum in my thread that I posted that I got a job. I am in charge of setting up my little truck. Its a 4 banger chevy S10 5-spd. Hey, for me it works.

So I have searched around some but thought I would come here and get some help getting a list down.

So far I have as far as tool wise I am going to use for polishing and my favorite products that will go on my cars.

I need to figure out a tank/pump/pressure washer setup. I am seeing karchers are pretty popular for sole washing duty, just would like some information on which models are alright and I assume they do not have a pump to get adequate water from the tank. I have seen all kinds of setups from twin RV pumps with garden hose fittings to pvc setups. I am just lost.

Also as far as foam goes, I am a fan. I dont know much about pressure washers and foaming it up. I am pretty crafty with my hands so I could make one if its possible.

As far as tank size, I dont want a huge one.
1) I wont be doing a huge amount of details at once, everything is so close where I will be working, I can fill up. Plus the truck is a 4 banger. Dont need to kill the truck lol I figure 20-30 gallons is fine. I wash very precisely and DP Gell Wheel Cleaner just eliminates lots of water needed on the wheels :D

Ill be using a Tornador for the interrior and carpet. The thing is just amazing.

So to sum it up:

Tank : Need One
Pump Setup: Needed
Pressure Washer: Karcher xxx?
Foam: Needed
Compressor: Porter Cable
Generator: Old Honda Beast I got for free, works great!
Vacuum: RIGID Pro Series with Pro Hose and Attachments

Misc:
Interior: Tornador, god I love this tool. Also have the PC Brush setup
Polishing: FLEX DA model

I think thats everything. Let me know your suggestions and it is appreciated.

Emile
06-16-2009, 07:44 PM
Hey man.

My Karcher K.367M just came in the mail today and I washed my car with it. I was clueless about pressure washers until just a few days ago. It seemed to work quite nicely for me...I went through very little water throughout the entire wash and it did a super nice job. I'm not going to recommend it YET because I've only used it once and that just isn't enough experience to give you an adequate review of the product but so far it seems pretty damn nice for the price.

I can tell you that the 1750psi pressure rating of my Karcher was fine for washing my car, but had I known more about pressure washers, I would have gotten something with a higher flow rate than my Karcher's 1.5 gallons per minute. Water may be an issue for you as a mobile detailer, though.

I hope this helps a little bit.

ryandamartini
06-16-2009, 07:53 PM
Hey man.

My Karcher K.367M just came in the mail today and I washed my car with it. I was clueless about pressure washers until just a few days ago. It seemed to work quite nicely for me...I went through very little water throughout the entire wash and it did a super nice job. I'm not going to recommend it YET because I've only used it once and that just isn't enough experience to give you an adequate review of the product but so far it seems pretty damn nice for the price.

I can tell you that the 1750psi pressure rating of my Karcher was fine for washing my car, but had I known more about pressure washers, I would have gotten something with a higher flow rate than my Karcher's 1.5 gallons per minute. Water may be an issue for you as a mobile detailer, though.

I hope this helps a little bit.

Thanks for the info, this is just being used to do cars, Im not very worried about it. If it can foam and rinse, I will be happy.