PDA

View Full Version : Prices and Products???

xcracer48
06-16-2009, 01:48 PM
I need some help. I have been washing cars for about a year now. Just got into autogeek and all and its awesome. I want to know what you guys charge and what products you use. Which products are a must have for you and why? It is killing me that some people are tearing me to pieces with prices around here. So I need help with choosing cheaper products that do just as good jobs as more expensive products.

Any help is highly appreciated

Wash- Megs Gold Glass
Wash mitt- lambs wool
Drying towel- waffle weave microfiber
Buckets- 2 five gallon+grit gaurd ( I get those for free)
APC- Megs APC

loudog2
06-16-2009, 01:53 PM
This will do for washing. It's not too expensive, other shampoo's are.

-Megs gold class car wash shampoo
-wash mitt(microfiber)
-microfiber drying towels
-2x 5 gallon buckets

Eliran
06-16-2009, 01:56 PM
Meguiar's APC or APC+ can be a great addition to your arsenal.

xcracer48
06-16-2009, 01:57 PM

-wash mitt(microfiber)
-2x 5 gallon buckets

Thats the wash I wash looking at. I am currently using Adams wash. But I figured I could find something else and cheaper than $30. So I do believe I will start using gold glass. At $9 I don't think I can go wrong. So I will add that to the list.

xcracer48
06-16-2009, 02:06 PM

-wash mitt(microfiber)
-2x 5 gallon buckets

Meguiar's APC or APC+ can be a great addition to your arsenal.

I have the apc. It is awesome all around product! and its cheap.

xcracer48
06-16-2009, 11:11 PM
bump need more help guys!!!

dublifecrisis
06-17-2009, 07:32 AM
Are you just trying to sell a simple car wash? OR are you offering various levels of car cleaning? Do you clean the wheels? Do you wax the car? Do you do anything to the interior? All these things require extra tools and extra products. And yes there are good products across the board that are cost effective. On this site, take a look at the Meguiar's gallon sizes. Also check out Duragloss. Awesome products available in gallon sizes.

Welcome! Keep reading everything you can.

xcracer48
06-17-2009, 09:33 AM
Are you just trying to sell a simple car wash? OR are you offering various levels of car cleaning? Do you clean the wheels? Do you wax the car? Do you do anything to the interior? All these things require extra tools and extra products. And yes there are good products across the board that are cost effective. On this site, take a look at the Meguiar's gallon sizes. Also check out Duragloss. Awesome products available in gallon sizes.

Welcome! Keep reading everything you can.

Wash, wax, shampoo carpets, clean & condition leather, protect interior dash and trim. Clay, hand polish, wax, and sealant. Soon hope to buy porter cable and do minor correction.

Just looking for some input on cheaper products that do just as good as some of these more expensive products.

btw I just washed a car this morning and used gold glass for the first time and it worked well. I also used ultimate quickwax instead of adams detail spray for drying and both products worked very well!

dublifecrisis
06-17-2009, 01:53 PM
You're best bet is to look for versatile products available in larger sizes. Go to the 'store' section of autogeek and under the shop by brand drop down select Meguiar's and look at the professional line. There are gallon sizes of shampoo, APC, dressing, quick detail spray etc...Some of these can even be dilluted (APC and dressing) for various tasks which makes the dollar stretch even further.
Also check Duragloss under the same dropdown. Their shampoo is awesome and available in larger size. I like it better than the gold class. Duragloss also offers Aqua wax by the gallon which is one of the favorite spray waxes out there. Their quick detail (fast clean and shine) is also spectacular. If you're hand polishing look at getting an all in one type product that cleans and seals in one step. These are great for doing by hand and leave a durable sealant that you can top off with a spray wax or just a quick detail buff at the end. For these I would look at Duragloss 105 or Optimum poli-seal.
Don't forget to have plenty of clean microfibers designated for various tasks.

woolite mixed like 10:1 with distilled water makes a great leather cleaner and also great for cleaning dash and door panels (dress/protect them afterward with whatever you end up getting)

Get some good spray bottles that you can pre-mix all your stuff out of your gallons. This way you can have a full strength APC for tires, engine bays, then a APC dilluted 10/20:1 for light duty cleaning like plastic trim. It also looks professional becuase your customers can't see if you're using the same stuff they might see at wal-mart.

gewb
06-17-2009, 02:16 PM
btw I just washed a car this morning and used gold glass for the first time and it worked well.

Try adding DP Rinseless Wash @ 1/2 oz per gallon of shampoo wash water - makes a nice improvement to the Meg's shampoo.

DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss, no rinse car wash, concentrated no rinse wash, quick detail spray, waterless wash (http://www.autogeek.net/dp-rinseless-four-in-one.html)

Regards,
GEWB

BarryK
06-17-2009, 02:28 PM
as already mentioned, look at the larger container sizes as it makes it more cost effective.
I buy almost all my products in gallon sizes, some I'm going to start buying in 5-gallon sizes.
The Megs Pro line comes in larger sizes as do the Megs Detailer line. Megs Detailer line in particular not only comes available in the larger quantity sizes but in many cases the product is very, very strong so dilutes well making it even more cost effective besides being very effective, high quality product.

As a few examples, in the Megs Detailer line is D155 Last Touch. used straight it is an excellent QD spray. Dilute it 1:1 and it makes an excellent clay lubricant. Not only is cost effective, it also covers two uses, AND is an excellent product.
Megs D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream is an AIO polish and wax. Has the same polishing cut level as the excellent M205 so will remove minor swirls, etc and has a wax so when doing destail jobs it's also not only cost effective as a product but it's also very time effective. For the same time as doing a polish you are doing both a polish and the wax all in one step offering your customer a better value because they got polishing results which normally standard details don't offer. I use D151 on all my detail jobs unless the vehicle is having complete paint correction work done in which case I'll go the clay, M105/M205, LSP route.
Megs APC is probably one of the best cleaners out there and allows you to dilute at various strengths s very cost effective while the Megs Detailer line Hyper-Wash D110 dilutes at 400:1 so a single gallon container is making 640 gallons of wash for you!

I could go on but I think you see the point.

Duragloss also comes in larger quantities but i never used it to give you examples.

fech
06-17-2009, 02:57 PM
Duragloss is a great product. I use it with the no rinse and the car looks great when its done.

ScottB
06-17-2009, 07:28 PM
Buy car care products in bulk or case lots for valuable savings! Microfiber multi-packs, gallon sizes, bundles of towels, and full cases of your (http://www.autogeek.net/discount-car-care.html)

Buy in Bulk or at BOGO offers and save a bunch while offering some of the best products available. A win-win ...