PDA

View Full Version : i love pinnacle products

redg35
09-07-2006, 02:59 PM
well today i finally got to use my new pc on the whole car,6 hours later and friggen exhausted im almost done.i still have to put on my lsp,i used xm#2 first then xm#1 then pinnacle finishing glaze.all i can say is this stuff is awesome,the car hasnt looked this good since i got it 3 1/2 years ago.the 1st time i tried it on the trunk lid only a couple days ago and thought i got out 50% of the swirls,ha!.it was done on a cloudy day and i thought it looked good...not.well i realized i was going to fast and not using enough pressure,well today was the first sunny day out here in awhile and god the car looks awesome,it used to be a 10 foot car now you have to really look for the swirls and small scratches.i have but one question,in a week or so should i repeat this process to get rid of the rest of the swirls and small scratches or just be happy.

and im sorry no pic,s.pinnacle rules.

FloridaNative
09-07-2006, 03:05 PM
You should get rid of all the swirls during the polishing stages and when they are gone move on to your LSP. I'm glad that you like the products. Pinnacle is great stuff! If you're not getting the swirls out by going slow and working a 2'x2' area for about 5 minutes, then you should probably go a number higher with the polish. Just my 2 cents. :)

ScottB
09-07-2006, 04:44 PM
XMT line is getting almost as my positive press and the Pinnacle waxes ....so nice to see one line that truly can do it all !

redg35
09-07-2006, 05:57 PM
You should get rid of all the swirls during the polishing stages and when they are gone move on to your LSP. I'm glad that you like the products. Pinnacle is great stuff! If you're not getting the swirls out by going slow and working a 2'x2' area for about 5 minutes, then you should probably go a number higher with the polish. Just my 2 cents. :)i didnt want to take the chance of going to aggresive at first so i went with xm#2 and went from there.but i got too tired to do it all over again and i like how it came out.i think your right that i should have gone with xmt#3 first though.

supercharged
09-07-2006, 09:15 PM
Top finishing glaze with Souveran paste, and your red Infiniti will be brilliant!:righton:

jim/larry
09-07-2006, 09:22 PM
The #3 isn't as aggresive as you may think,I think the aggresive part plays a big differents in the way a detailer uses it.I'm a firm believer in letting the chemicals do the work for you and leave the elbow grease home.Speed is not important if your looking for a show room shine but speed is important if its putting beans on the table.Depending on the detailer and the way its applied #3 can be used used with a yellow pad on any paint without damage.#3 with yellow/orange pad,#2 with orange/green pad,#1 with a green/white pad and black/blue pad for the glaze topped with pinnacle S,hum hum.
I odered wolfgang polishes lastnight to try on a truck next week and after seeing what xmt can do I hope I do not have to throw it away.

3Dog
09-08-2006, 12:00 AM
You should get rid of all the swirls during the polishing stages and when they are gone move on to your LSP. I'm glad that you like the products. Pinnacle is great stuff! If you're not getting the swirls out by going slow and working a 2'x2' area for about 5 minutes, then you should probably go a number higher with the polish. Just my 2 cents. :)
BRAVO:applause: I am very impressed (like you really care). It is good to see that you are learning that the process is important. Prep then Protect.
I have read through maybe a hundred posts tonight on various boards......Yours made me smile.:)

sparkie
09-08-2006, 05:05 AM
The #3 isn't as aggresive as you may think,I think the aggresive part plays a big differents in the way a detailer uses it.I'm a firm believer in letting the chemicals do the work for you and leave the elbow grease home.Speed is not important if your looking for a show room shine but speed is important if its putting beans on the table.Depending on the detailer and the way its applied #3 can be used used with a yellow pad on any paint without damage.#3 with yellow/orange pad,#2 with orange/green pad,#1 with a green/white pad and black/blue pad for the glaze topped with pinnacle S,hum hum.
I odered wolfgang polishes lastnight to try on a truck next week and after seeing what xmt can do I hope I do not have to throw it away.

Don't throw it away, throw it my way!!!!:D