PDA

View Full Version : Poor Boys Black Hole Glaze Ques?

bkazepis
06-15-2009, 06:05 AM
Went the whole machine polish route....pretty satisfied with my results...

Used Black Hole, then Dodo Blue Velvet and topped it off with Dodo Purple haze...car looks great :cool:

My question is, can I add another layer of Black Hole on top of this and then some more Dodo?

Emile
06-15-2009, 07:23 AM
Yes, but you won't see any difference in looks. You are already using a great combo of glaze, hard wax, soft wax. If anything, just add another layer or two of the Purple Haze.

bkazepis
06-15-2009, 07:29 AM
Yes, but you won't see any difference in looks. You are already using a great combo of glaze, hard wax, soft wax. If anything, just add another layer or two of the Purple Haze.

Thanks...so it wont hurt but it might be a waste of time using the glaze again...

Waxmax
06-15-2009, 10:52 AM
BHG contains mild cleaners so it will remove some of the carnauba. If you want to try a glaze on top of carnauba (which contains no cleaners) you could try Danase Wet Glaze. But as was mentioned, you've already done all you can do to get a great look.

Emile
06-15-2009, 02:51 PM
Thanks...so it wont hurt but it might be a waste of time using the glaze again...

Correct. You may want to look at trying a different wax if you still feel you could improve the look. Dodo reputation and marketing aside, the look of the Blue Velvet hard wax has never really wowed me when I apply the stuff to my hood.

The Dodo Juice products are aimed to be affordable high-end carnuba waxes, but I feel that their price range has many other strong competitors such as Pinnacle Souveran, P21S 100% Carnuba, Victoria Red Wax, etc.

bkazepis
06-15-2009, 03:52 PM
Correct. You may want to look at trying a different wax if you still feel you could improve the look. Dodo reputation and marketing aside, the look of the Blue Velvet hard wax has never really wowed me when I apply the stuff to my hood.

The Dodo Juice products are aimed to be affordable high-end carnuba waxes, but I feel that their price range has many other strong competitors such as Pinnacle Souveran, P21S 100% Carnuba, Victoria Red Wax, etc.

Black 2008 Vette...what wax in your opinion?

07ImpalaSS
06-15-2009, 04:14 PM
Black 2008 Vette...what wax in your opinion?

Souveran is probably your best bet.

CakeDaddy
06-23-2009, 03:10 PM
BHG contains mild cleaners so it will remove some of the carnauba. If you want to try a glaze on top of carnauba (which contains no cleaners) you could try Danase Wet Glaze. But as was mentioned, you've already done all you can do to get a great look.

Hmmm, so black hole glaze acts as a cleaner? So it sounds like adding your wax/carnuaba over the top of the glaze would be a better idea than glazing over the wax/carnuaba? right?

to all,

I have a black car and I find that the Meguairs Hi-Tech Yellow #26 kills any other hard wax, especially the dodo velvet. I did a side by side comparision and was sold on the 12.99 bottle of the Megs Hi-tech yellow#26. I apply the nattys blue and then the hi-tech yellow#26 over the top.
Im anxious to get my hands on the souveran, but we will see!

bkazepis
06-23-2009, 03:34 PM
Souveran is probably your best bet.

Ordered the Souveran....now I have Dodo Purple Haze, Dodo Blue Velvet, Poor Boys Black Hole Glaze, Petes '53 Black Pearl (which I havent even tried yet)...and now awaiting the Souveran...this is a sickness...help me make it stop!! :buffing:

CakeDaddy
06-23-2009, 03:45 PM
Ordered the Souveran....now I have Dodo Purple Haze, Dodo Blue Velvet, Poor Boys Black Hole Glaze, Petes '53 Black Pearl (which I havent even tried yet)...and now awaiting the Souveran...this is a sickness...help me make it stop!! :buffing:

I'll help you cure that sickness...... mail me that souvey when you are ;)done. :cheers: Keep us posted on your findings

bkazepis
06-23-2009, 04:27 PM
I'll help you cure that sickness...... mail me that souvey when you are ;)done. :cheers: Keep us posted on your findings

Will do.....but what would you do with just the empty container? :D