PDA

View Full Version : What (if anything) do you have your customers sign?

Koast
06-14-2009, 08:07 PM
When you take on the job of detailing a vehicle do you make your customers sign:

- A type of contract giving you possession of the car and all its contents with the idea being that no valuables are left inside the vehicle?

- A pre-inspection noting any damages, scratches, stains, cracks, etc (What in specific do you look for, do you keep photographic records?)

- A waiver involving certain type of cleaning like engine degreasing?

Any other precautions other than the business insurance you take when dealing directly with the customers and their vehicles?

PerroneFord
06-14-2009, 10:21 PM
My customers sign a check. But I do my detail on their premises and do not drive the car. I photograph any scrathces or defects, and go over the car with them. I also won't chase deep defects without tacit permission.

If I were in the business, I might approach things differently.

Koast
06-14-2009, 11:17 PM
Thanks for the reply you might be the only person willing to give me an idea of how the pro's operate from a liability stand point.

PerroneFord
06-14-2009, 11:34 PM
I'm no pro. I barely qualify as a hobbyist compared to some on this forum...

Koast
06-14-2009, 11:49 PM
I wouldn't sell your self short, if your here trying to learn then your most likely better than half of the pros who learned their skills years ago and have become complacent about learning new techniques, using new products/equipment, etc.